Rear Cab Vents

s8taxatty

Reaction score
The vents on the back on the cab on my RC make a lot of noise at high speed. Does anyone see a problem covering them over?:dontknow:

Big problem!! Next time you shut your door with windows up you'll likely blow out the windshield or back glass ;)
That vent prevents this airtight scenario. :burnout:

I've been 140 several times in mine and the last thing I hear is wind in those vents. Even at above average highway speeds. Must be my, music too loud for all my life, mod.

I think mine rattle at 60-63 going down the highway, or when I lag her (in too tall of a gear for given speed)...anyone else?...mine is 06 if it matters...

I gotta pull the interior apart to fix as rear speaker issue and I'm going to Dynamat that space. I'll leave the vents open but will look for a flap or something that is stuck. I know that in the HVAC compartment a door is blown out 'cause a piece ended up in my blower motor. Maybe that is letting in too much air and is creating the noise. That's seems like a bitch to remove - need to disassemble the entire dash according to the service manual.

My dr side window makes a shit load of pressure related noise when i'm doing 100mph+

How can I correct this?

My dr side window makes a shit load of pressure related noise when i'm doing 100mph+

How can I correct this?

Look at the 06 window trim and seals they added a piece at the door and windshield to help with wind noise. you can get them off of any 06 up ram.

getImage

Reg cab numbers Cheaper to go to junk yard
55277 187AD
MOLDING WINDSHIELD

55277 186AD
MOLDING WINDSHIELD

68031 800AA
RETAINER BODYSIDE SEAL

68031 801AA
RETAINER BODYSIDE SEAL

Covering the vents will cause pressure to build when the ac is on and your pulling in fresh air and will cause a constant air noise due to the pressure on the door seals. If all the seals on the tcab are good it will feel like the cabin of a plane compressing. never had any windows blow out though even with 4 12s behind the seat;)
blank.gif

blank.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back