Rear Diffuser finally done

Hellcat Hauler

Reaction score
Custom built, PITA lol.
I built this for a little more viper vibe and trying to disguise my hitch a little.
I bought the viper diffuser fins off ebay, they are stainless steel and come powdercoated textured black. I originally bought a 3'x2' 3/16" black plastic sheet , measured and cut it out. It was too flimsy when I bolted the fins on. So I bought a 3'x2' sheet of ACM black composite. I tracked the pattern onto the acm and cut it out. Bolted the fins on and mounted to the truck. I used 1"x1/4" aluminum bar to make mounting brackets. Once I mounted it, I came to realize that the front was going to catch air. So I took the original template, had to heat it and bend it, and riveted it to the front of the ACM. I cut it to fit, made more brackets, and boom.

20240413_185003.jpg20240413_184948.jpg20240413_184954.jpg20240413_185016.jpg20240413_185028.jpg20240413_185116.jpg

Interesting ,, what other function would it possibly be for ?

Just like any other diffuser, stops air from being trapped in the rear bumper and accelerates the velocity of the airflow underneath the car.
Lol at 150mph

Just like any other diffuser, stops air from being trapped in the rear bumper and accelerates the velocity of the airflow underneath the car.
Lol at 150mph
Time for the wind tunnel hahaha aerodynamic investigation time !

Properly done, a diffuser creates downforce by encouraging a vacuum/low(er) pressure air under the vehicle.
So, higher force on top (atmospheric pressure) will push the vehicle downward.
It will also help wings and such do a better job, IF they are properly designed and not upside down as seen on a regular basis on the modified cars out there.

Last edited:
Properly done, a diffuser creates downforce by encouraging a vacuum/low(er) pressure air under the vehicle.
So, force on top (atmospheric pressure) will push the vehicle downward.
So could this be the new Quiness book record 10 :cool:

So, force on top (atmospheric pressure) will push the vehicle downward.
It will also help wings and such do a better job, IF they are properly designed and not upside down as seen on a regular basis on the modified cars out there.
So it should work with the wing!

Custom built, PITA lol.
I built this for a little more viper vibe and trying to disguise my hitch a little.
I bought the viper diffuser fins off ebay, they are stainless steel and come powdercoated textured black. I originally bought a 3'x2' 3/16" black plastic sheet , measured and cut it out. It was too flimsy when I bolted the fins on. So I bought a 3'x2' sheet of ACM black composite. I tracked the pattern onto the acm and cut it out. Bolted the fins on and mounted to the truck. I used 1"x1/4" aluminum bar to make mounting brackets. Once I mounted it, I came to realize that the front was going to catch air. So I took the original template, had to heat it and bend it, and riveted it to the front of the ACM. I cut it to fit, made more brackets, and boom.

View attachment 66046View attachment 66044View attachment 66045View attachment 66047View attachment 66048View attachment 66049
Nice job!!!

No, no kit. It would be too expensive.
I do not have it in me to disassemble it and make a kit. Making all the aluminum brackets would just take too much time, materials are $, and labor isn't free....
The spare is actually in there. A little headache if you got a flat, but a dewalt impact with a philips bit would zip out the 9 machine screws pretty quick if desired. I almost removed it, but I did not want to have to store it somewhere...

I do not have it in me to disassemble it and make a kit. Making all the aluminum brackets would just take too much time, materials are $, and labor isn't free....
The spare is actually in there. A little headache if you got a flat, but a dewalt impact with a philips bit would zip out the 9 machine screws pretty quick if desired. I almost removed it, but I did not want to have to store it somewhere...
Post up a blue print for people that want to make one :);)

Post up a blue print for people that want to make one :);)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back