Rear Discs That Fit 15" Wheels, GROUP BUY???....No Grinding!!!!

Good luck guys, I beat on this for a year and finally built a rear end. Not a "KIT" but all Mark Williams components. You have to cut the ends of the axle tubes off, and install new ends and straighten the housing. Mark williams 15 " brakes will not work with 5 on 5.5" bolt circle. The biggest pattern it will work with is a 5 on 4 3/4" bolt circle. You have to use Mark Williams brakes with the mark williams housing ends unless you want to fab something up. Anything is possible but MW stuff is very high quality, A little pricey but you only have to buy it once. The parts for my rear end with 40 spline axles including housing cutting, welding straightning, etc was around 4500.00. This is with a spool not a Detroit Locker, a Locker would cost more. The spool or locker will need to be machined to take the tone ring which generates the signal to the PCM for the Speedometer and the ABS brakes.

This is not rocket science, it is done everyday, there are shops all over the country that can do this type of work.

For an inexpensive way to go you can get the 16" M&H slicks. They are a real drag slick and work very well. 31.5" tall with 12" tread and the softest compound M&H makes. This tire hooks well and is tall enough to not screw up the gearing. Just grind the calipers for clearance and bolt them on. Wheels for these tires can range from slightly over $100.00 for cast out of the box wheels, to over $400.00 for custom wheels.

If you are doing more than an ocasional trip to the track you will want to contact Devin at Unitrax and get the polished & cryoed spider and side gears for the differential.

FSTJACK said:
Good luck guys, I beat on this for a year and finally built a rear end. Not a "KIT" but all Mark Williams components. You have to cut the ends of the axle tubes off, and install new ends and straighten the housing. Mark williams 15 " brakes will not work with 5 on 5.5" bolt circle. The biggest pattern it will work with is a 5 on 4 3/4" bolt circle. You have to use Mark Williams brakes with the mark williams housing ends unless you want to fab something up. Anything is possible but MW stuff is very high quality, A little pricey but you only have to buy it once. The parts for my rear end with 40 spline axles including housing cutting, welding straightning, etc was around 4500.00. This is with a spool not a Detroit Locker, a Locker would cost more. The spool or locker will need to be machined to take the tone ring which generates the signal to the PCM for the Speedometer and the ABS brakes.

This is not rocket science, it is done everyday, there are shops all over the country that can do this type of work.

For an inexpensive way to go you can get the 16" M&H slicks. They are a real drag slick and work very well. 31.5" tall with 12" tread and the softest compound M&H makes. This tire hooks well and is tall enough to not screw up the gearing. Just grind the calipers for clearance and bolt them on. Wheels for these tires can range from slightly over $100.00 for cast out of the box wheels, to over $400.00 for custom wheels.

If you are doing more than an ocasional trip to the track you will want to contact Devin at Unitrax and get the polished & cryoed spider and side gears for the differential.

Jack is right. You have to cut off the existing axle ends and weld new one's on.

I gave a bunch of you the name of a guy that could do this for you last week or the week before. No one stepped up to do it. Now you are asking the same questions again. This horse has been beat for over a year and still no one does anything except bitch about it.

And yes, I'm in a bad mood. I wanted to be on the road at this time to join everyone in Bakersfield. Instead I'm at Fu*king work.

Silver back posted a lower price than $3000 and DTS will do it for $2550, your too dam high?:dontknow:

yeah Im busting your balls again, bad me bad me:D

and yes it was with a locker and all

There is no saving of $1000 , its the same thing as what you have put together, as as far as the 14's well you just keep believing that:D

I dont have to stay out of nuttin little man , its the internet remember, but I am postitive your will be sooo much better, should set the world on end, hey maybe other rear axle manufacturers will pay you big bucks for a patent on your design!
I'm sure yours will be something no one else has ever come up with, maybe you should patent the design now before someone figures it out?
You are way to brilliant to be retired, maybe Eaton or Gm could give you a job? or why not just start you own design office?
I bow down in your presence of greatness, I know nothing I have ever done or will do in the future will ever compare to anything you will acheive, I jsut wish I could be like you , you are now officially my hero, I am going to post your pics of that luvly bodyof yours in my shop to give myself the confidence to carry on. Thank you so much for giving me the determination to carry on, thank you oh thank you great one for allowing me the priveladge to be able to post on the same forum as you.

hows that frenchy?:D

Stinker said:
I dont have to stay out of nuttin little man , its the internet remember, but I am postitive your will be sooo much better, should set the world on end, hey maybe other rear axle manufacturers will pay you big bucks for a patent on your design!
I'm sure yours will be something no one else has ever come up with, maybe you should patent the design now before someone figures it out?
You are way to brilliant to be retired, maybe Eaton or Gm could give you a job? or why not just start you own design office?
I bow down in your presence of greatness, I know nothing I have ever done or will do in the future will ever compare to anything you will acheive, I jsut wish I could be like you , you are now officially my hero, I am going to post your pics of that luvly bodyof yours in my shop to give myself the confidence to carry on. Thank you so much for giving me the determination to carry on, thank you oh thank you great one for allowing me the priveladge to be able to post on the same forum as you.

hows that frenchy?:D

Man I wish you were coming tomorrow....I'd like to hear all that in that southern accent of yours:D

LOLOLOLOL gotta have a sense o humor dontya?!LOLOL

you or anyone else can call me anytime bro! I cant waitto see that L of yours get done!

Oh and Vprpwr I may replace the blitz boost controller I have in a few months or so with a different one, you interested in the old one? I dont know the model number right off, but it has settings for 4 different boost levels.
oh 704-214-7849 I isnt bashful:D but you may have to leave message first then I'll call back , I get so many different calls from brokers I cant tell whos who, :p

Stinker said:
LOLOLOLOL gotta have a sense o humor dontya?!LOLOL

you or anyone else can call me anytime bro! I cant waitto see that L of yours get done!

Oh and Vprpwr I may replace the blitz boost controller I have in a few months or so with a different one, you interested in the old one? I dont know the model number right off, but it has settings for 4 different boost levels.
oh 704-214-7849 I isnt bashful:D but you may have to leave message first then I'll call back , I get so many different calls from brokers I cant tell whos who, :p

Actually I have a boost controller which I think you might like...The one I was telling you about a couple days ago:D I'll give ya a call one of these days:D

Your exaclty right I have no idea about anything you have spoken about, once again you are soooo correct:D I be soo stupid:p I gotta go slop the hogs now and figure out why my push mower want go in second gear?:dontknow:

Well the one thing I can say is the parts that Bill uses are not shit parts so do not insinuate that they are Mike.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back