rear end narrowing

tim simmons

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's up folks. I haven't been on the site in a while . I just did the 04 srt10 ram swap into my roadrunner. I swapped the motor and tranny, every wire, the steering column, instrument cluster, pedal assembly. I been driving the car and let me tell you it's awesome. I already twisted the yoke off the 8 3/4. Put a bigger yoke and now broke some teeth off the ring gear. I was wanting to narrow the rear end out of the 04 srt10 ram. I also want to use the brakes. The main reason I want this rear end versus a older Dana 60 is the speed sensor. Is the srt10 rear end easy to get parts for? Is the center housing close to the same as the older Dana 60? Any help would be appreciated. Now I can haul my 06 srt10 ram with my roadrunner.

Call JMB performance

It's just a plain old Dana 60, uses c clips to hold the axle in though instead of bearing retainers

Apparently the problem is getting the axles Cut down because of the C clips that hold them in. I think the guy from Auto Rod technologies got somebody to do it. Maybe he will chime in.

It was a place called Dutchman in Idaho

Last edited:
Call Dr.Diff or look him up on the web hes a mopar rear axle genius

Rear end got sent to Pyle bros. In Baytown tx. Can't wait til it's done. Going from a 2.71 8 3/4 to a 4.10 Dana 60 in the roadrunner. Now the viper engine should really shine. I will also appreciate some info on how to tune out the rear o2's, and all the emissions. I'm running the steering column and all wiring from the 04 srt10. I been seeing a lot of thread about tunes by Torrie. Where do I get one?

Rear end got sent to Pyle bros. In Baytown tx. Can't wait til it's done. Going from a 2.71 8 3/4 to a 4.10 Dana 60 in the roadrunner. Now the viper engine should really shine. I will also appreciate some info on how to tune out the rear o2's, and all the emissions. I'm running the steering column and all wiring from the 04 srt10. I been seeing a lot of thread about tunes by Torrie. Where do I get one?

unleashedtuning.com

You have to cut at least 3" per side to have enough material to re-spline the axles. Otherwise you'll need to but new axles.

i gota brand new spool and 4.30s for that 8 3/4 if its a 489 case if interested

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back