Rear End Problems

GriffsSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok the rundown:

I bought the cryo'ed spyder gears and the 4.88 set up. Ernie (IH8ChEVY) had it put together for me in his old rear end. The set up is awsome!

But I noticed a rattle in the transmission. Turns out that 3 teeth broke off on the ring gear. As you know I don't race. No slicks. No drag radials. Just 3 teeth broke. So I have a few questions.

Questions.

Do the 4.56 use the same carrier as the 4.88's?

Can you have the ring/Pinion cryoed? Will It help?

Mark I knew you would want me to ask so i did, the carrier? is different for the 4.88 gear set up, if you want I will call on just the gears for you and let you know?

mauiSRT/10 said:
If I remember correctly when I had my 4.88's installed it came with a new carrier.

patrick

I have the 4.88 Set-up in the truck now. what I am wondering is can I put a 4.56 in that carrier if I can not find a 4.88 I remember Tony saying that the 4.88 were hard to find now. I am missing my truck. (plus the GTG is right around the corner)

stinkers BOSS said:
Mark I knew you would want me to ask so i did, the carrier? is different for the 4.88 gear set up, if you want I will call on just the gears for you and let you know?

Yes please! I really don't want to go back to the 4.10. I was hoping that the 4.56 would drop in the setup! But thats my luck. Hang Ten! LOL

GriffsSRT said:
I have the 4.88 Set-up in the truck now. what I am wondering is can I put a 4.56 in that carrier if I can not find a 4.88 I remember Tony saying that the 4.88 were hard to find now. I am missing my truck. (plus the GTG is right around the corner)

Yes please! I really don't want to go back to the 4.10. I was hoping that the 4.56 would drop in the setup! But thats my luck. Hang Ten! LOL
I sent you a text message Mr.Manpurdy:)

Hey Mark this is shitty news:(

Just wanted to give you the whole story behind this rearend!

After my blow out in Panama i put the DTS rearend in the truck and had the original rear sitting around which you inquired about, with you wanting to run the 4:88 ratio you needed the different carrier so i told ya you could have the rearend. Upon further conversations i just told ya to have the cryoed spider gears, and ring and pinion gears sent to me and i would take care of the assembly for ya! Well this is where i kinda lied to ya i said my neighbor was a Viper tech...........he isn't:D !

What i did was took the rearend down to Driveline Services of Atlanta to have it professionally done. Duanne at DLS totally disassembled the rear, throughly cleaned, installed all new bearings and a complete rebuild kit which i purchased from them, installed the gears you provided and i also had him add the additive for the posi rear. I paid about six bones to have this work completed! DLS is a good company, they do all of the companys work for me. I have allready called Duanne and told him the situation and he assures me he provided quality work. If there is anything i can do to help ya just let me know.
Ernie

Ernie brother I am forever in debt to ya man! You should have told me I would have paid for it to be done.

I am sure that it was quality work man. I think that it is my right foot from stop sign to stop sign! LOL

Hey you have to pay to play man. Ain't nothing but a gear could be worse.

I am wondering if cryoed ring pinion is possible? What do you think

You should have let me pay for that damn thing man!

Hey at the time i was able to help a brother out! I just wanted you to know the whole story about the assembly part of it so it might could help ya out!

about to say ,,i told you to wear a tight belt around jack ,,,sounds like he slipped you the pickle and now your raw ,,,hahahahah nothing worse than getting dry humped by jack ,,,At least so im told :D :D :D :D

Ironhead said:
about to say ,,i told you to wear a tight belt around jack ,,,sounds like he slipped you the pickle and now your raw ,,,hahahahah nothing worse than getting dry humped by jack ,,,At least so im told :D :D :D :D
What the hell did I do???:confused: :confused:

GriffsSRT said:
OK back on Track

Should I get the ring and pinion Cryoed? Think it would help?

I am sorry Mark I thought I had texted you, Tony said it would not hurt at all, and if you do not have someone local to either let me know or call NBT.

But that it would make the ring and pinion twice as strong.

Stinkers BOSS said:
I am sorry Mark I thought I had texted you, Tony said it would not hurt at all, and if you do not have someone local to either let me know or call NBT.

But that it would make the ring and pinion twice as strong.

Thank you so very much!!!

Can I have a loan Eddie? Na ordered the gears and bearings. Be on the road agin in no time thanks to the JTS. God I love them

The carrier I got with my 4.88s is identical to the factory 4.56 carrier.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back