Rear End Problems

looks the same but it aint ,,,something about the ring for the 488 is thicker than the 456 ring for carrier ,,,,something like that ,,,,there is more clearence for the thicker 488 gear:dontknow: the clearence for pinion to ring gear is diff ,,,im sure someone can chime in soon on this:rock: the 410 and 456 are the same though!

Last edited:
FATJACK said:
Nope, quit thinking, I'm your Daddy!!

Well damnit I need my back pay on my allowance then.

about 9,000 is the figure I come up with from my records just send it to Stinker so we can get building my motor!:D

GriffsSRT said:
Well damnit I need my back pay on my allowance then.

about 9,000 is the figure I come up with from my records just send it to Stinker so we can get building my motor!:D
Check is in the mail.....:D :D

GriffsSRT said:
Ironleg you so smart! I am getting new 4.88 so I am happy

look at it this way if you put the 456 or 410 in you would not be happy with it and you would end up getting the 488,s and doing it twice ,,,better going for what you want the first go round ,,,and these rearends are a bitch to swap out anyway:D

i went through the clearence thing with mine,went to place i was having install and was raising hell till they took me back and showed me and shut my mouth and went home ,,,i walked out with head hung low and knuckles dragging the ground cause i bitched the tech out ,,then i had to say SORRY dude can i buy you a soda lol:argh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back