Rear end question

toofast_28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the proverbial "Everyone" ... yeah, that guy, is saying stock spyder gears won't hold up to drag radials. What are people running instead of limited slip? Anyone running a mini spool? Detroit locker? Torsen? Just looking for an idea, have my rear end apart now, may as well put it back together to hold up to Drag Radials since i already know it will have them on there so i can get into the 10's.

i am running tonys rearend ....my fab guy said that it is absolutely a beautiful piece.....its sttrange axles and a detroit locker....with whatever gears you want i would def talk to tony about a rearend...i have had zero problems with mine!!!!!!!!!

505'sFastestViper. said:
i am running tonys rearend ....my fab guy said that it is absolutely a beautiful piece.....its sttrange axles and a detroit locker....with whatever gears you want i would def talk to tony about a rearend...i have had zero problems with mine!!!!!!!!!

Alright, a second question... What exactly is the rear end in the truck? Dana 60? Dana 70? Dana super 60? I have read that it was all of those... I guess... What do i need to look for parts to fit into???

I already have axles, narrowed my rear end 12 inches so had to have new axles made anyways.

if ya just want to run yours. cryo the spyder gears.

there are no after market lockers for the stock rear ends

ZCx said:
if ya just want to run yours. cryo the spyder gears.

there are no after market lockers for the stock rear ends

Where do i get the spyder gears "cryo'd"?

toofast_28 said:
Where do i get the spyder gears "cryo'd"?

been talkin with John at 300 Below, 300below.com, to get some work done.:rock: :rock: :rock:

they use the "deep" method seem to really know their stuff compared to a couple of other places i talked to

toofast_28 said:
Alright, a second question... What exactly is the rear end in the truck? Dana 60? Dana 70? Dana super 60? I have read that it was all of those... I guess... What do i need to look for parts to fit into???

I already have axles, narrowed my rear end 12 inches so had to have new axles made anyways.
yeah i narowed mine too went with a 40 splin and got rid of the s5 spline..and we got rid of the locker and went with a spool dana 60 in the rc and i believe a dana 70 in the qcs

I'm not on a coast, far from either coast... In iowa! Still no answers to what rear end is under the truck??? what size pinion gear, what version of the Dana, all that? Whats so unique about the rear that no one makes a locker for it?

toofast_28 said:
I'm not on a coast, far from either coast... In iowa! Still no answers to what rear end is under the truck??? what size pinion gear, what version of the Dana, all that? Whats so unique about the rear that no one makes a locker for it?
I always thought it was a Dana Super 60. :dontknow:

29 spline 04 was the dana 60hd (piece of shit) and 05-06 I believe are dana 70hd go with a harden ring and pinion and cryo your spiders since no one makes those for us in harden steel. Just get the number on the cover and give it to whoever is gonna do the work, or buy em(cheaper) then give them to a shop. I know out here in chicago every shop I called told me 500 in labor so, if that is any help.

Mines out of an '04.... I'll probably just drive it til it breaks then replace it with something good... Like a 9" or a custom set up from Strange or Mosier.

Trucks have a Dana Super 60. based off the Dana 60 rear end. I have run DR's and Slicks with stock rear end with zero trouble. My truck is mainly stock with just bolt ons... If you're looking for an upgrade get a hold of stinker for the DTS

Tony has the DTS rear end. If I had the money I would get one. I have not heard one bad thing about them

Back