rear end questions

rare03srt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys so as yall know ive been havin issues gettin this project srt10 going right, but i talked to a buddy the other day and he said they had a normal chrysler 300 at there shop and they put a srt8 rear end into it and the car didnt want to run right at all so there conclusion was the different gearin in the diff was causing the tranny and PCM to go crazy. Dose anyone think that since i have a 3.92 rear end with the 05 auto tranny does anyone think that could be my issue?

don't think this is the reason. Many of the members here have upgraded their '04 tranny without changing the PCM(program).

I'm gonna go with NO on this answer as the speed sensor is located in the rear end and sending the speed signal to the PCM based off tire rotation. Being you have the correct wheels I see no issue. Now when I ran the small 325/40/17 M&H with my Auto it would not shift at all cause it thru the signal all outta whack with such small diameter tires.

don't think this is the reason. Many of the members here have upgraded their '04 tranny without changing the PCM(program).

right but im asking about the rear end. Since the pcm thinks the truck has 4.10 gears but i have 3.92 gears maybe thats causing the truck to act funny

I'm gonna go with NO on this answer as the speed sensor is located in the rear end and sending the speed signal to the PCM based off tire rotation. Being you have the correct wheels I see no issue. Now when I ran the small 325/40/17 M&H with my Auto it would not shift at all cause it thru the signal all outta whack with such small diameter tires.

Thats the thing my truck is suppose to have the stock 20" hemi wheels and has the stock 3.92 rear end. My tranny is the 05 auto srt and so is the PCM. so accually i think the sensor isnt reading quite correct

Your PCM is thinking 4.56 gears.

i thought the qc was suppose to have 4.10 and the rc has 4.56? am i not correct?

wont matter on the truck what gears you have

hmm i need to figure this issue out then lol. Cause when there isnt a load on the truck it revs so good but the moment i put her in drive it shutters and runs like crap(except at a slow role its ok but anything over like 10-15mph its crap if i aint givin it more then like 50% thorttle).

Make sure your MAP sensor is getting a good manifold signal.

There should also be a vacuum hose attached to it. So that it can read the " Manifold Absolute Pressure". As intake vacuum drops the computer can add fuel as required

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back