Rear Lowering?

TDay

Reaction score
I have a 2005 RC and I would like to drop the rear just a bit and leave the front alone so I can still clear the curbs. Are there any kits/parts available to lower just the rear end of the truck an inch or two?

-t

TDay said:
I have a 2005 RC and I would like to drop the rear just a bit and leave the front alone so I can still clear the curbs. Are there any kits/parts available to lower just the rear end of the truck an inch or two?

-t

They are available, but are really ill advised. The x-metal kit is no problem with the curbs. The suspension geometry is correct with this kit and their have been many on this board that have tried something else and have more often than not changed it out to the x-metal kit. I would highly recommend that you do it right the first time and call Boomer...he will fix you up.

If your question is to lower the rear only about 1/2 to 3/4 inch and leave the front the same because the rear is a little high in comparison to the front, you can easily replace the rear shackles with a slighly shorter shackle that fits the standard Ram truck. They are the same. I think they are made by Ground Force? Probably other Companies make them as well. They are as short of a shackle as you can install without going to a Boomer system.

I had a friend machine a couple lowering blocks for the rear of mine. They were 1.75 thick which lowered the truck 2 inches in the rear. It sat level at that height which I really liked.

Stay away from Ground Force. Cheap shit.

Belltech offers 1"-3" block kits and you can order them with a 2 degree taper. I did a 2-4 drop from DJM on my Hemi SC and had rear end shudder from the wrong rear angle degree after the flip. I wouldn't recommend using shorter shackles as that shortens the effective stroke and you could bottom out from lack of travel. Like you I like the idea of a short drop in the rear and I'm also leery of too much drop for fear of bottoming or curb banging. There's no dening Boomers drop looks great and with such positive recommendations, it would appear he has done his homework. Check out stylinconcepts.com if your interested in the blocks. I'd research it thoroughly before changing anything. Good luck :)

I used boomers 1/2 RC lowering kit for my 05. Looked great and the change in handling was very pronounced, far from just a cosmetic change. Being in California with high driveways, the 1" drop in the front did require me to take driveways slowly and at an angle to cut the length of the overhang from the front wheels. Inspite of the inconvenience of having to be careful on driveways and ramps, the handling change was much worth it IMO. I know with Boomer's kit atleast 2 of the shocks were changed out.

Dont cheat ur self out of a nice look and ride by just lowering the rear. Call Boomer for the whole kit. U may have to be careful with curbs but who cares. u will be glad u did the whole thing.

walenator said:
Belltech offers 1"-3" block kits and you can order them with a 2 degree taper. I did a 2-4 drop from DJM on my Hemi SC and had rear end shudder from the wrong rear angle degree after the flip. I wouldn't recommend using shorter shackles as that shortens the effective stroke and you could bottom out from lack of travel. Like you I like the idea of a short drop in the rear and I'm also leery of too much drop for fear of bottoming or curb banging. There's no dening Boomers drop looks great and with such positive recommendations, it would appear he has done his homework. Check out stylinconcepts.com if your interested in the blocks. I'd research it thoroughly before changing anything. Good luck :)

That was because you did a flip. Do not go with angle blocks on a RC or you will screw up the pinion angle. The axle is already above the spring on your truck.

i did a 1" block on the rear only. no problems. no ride change or handling issues

Silverback said:
That was because you did a flip. Do not go with angle blocks on a RC or you will screw up the pinion angle. The axle is already above the spring on your truck.
That was my point. Not that he needs a flip but how important pinion angle is and why the blocks are sold with both straight and 2 degree surfaces. After dealing with DJM and following a Sport Truck article on installation, you soon realize there is more to it than just bolting stuff on. That's why it's important to research all areas including how much rise the front end will have from the weight transfer of just 1 inch. Just trying to be helpful not an advocate of any product.

here is some pics of mine with rear only 3 inch xmetal i will be doing front soon

Attachments

• DSC00604.JPG
    DSC00604.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 556
  • DSC00603.JPG
    DSC00603.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 263
To each his own, but for the $ I spent on this truck, no way am I changing out suspension parts that are cheap. Boomers kit is only $650 and is a well engineered product. And if you buy the shifter, you get both for $1k!! Now that is a deal!

patrick

I want to lower the the rear enough to level it. ( I don't want to lower the whole truck.)
I've been searching the net for a 1 or 2" set of lowering blocks for the rear of the truck but have had no luck. I've seen a few rear shackles, and several complete kits, but have struck out on finding 1" or 2" blocks.

Any links would be appreciated.

Call boomer and see if he can help u out. He will Def. do what he can to help.

TDay said:
I want to lower the the rear enough to level it. ( I don't want to lower the whole truck.)
I've been searching the net for a 1 or 2" set of lowering blocks for the rear of the truck but have had no luck. I've seen a few rear shackles, and several complete kits, but have struck out on finding 1" or 2" blocks.

Any links would be appreciated.

I used a 1.75 block in the rear and that leveled the truck. Had a friend machine the blocks and spent about $36.00 or so on the new U-Bolts.

I know Boomer believes that just lowering the rear upsets the handling of the truck. I have to admit the turn in is not as crisp as before, but I learned to live with it. I now have Boomers front end kit sitting in the garage so after it's installed I will have to do another report on how well it handles.

Silverback said:
I used a 1.75 block in the rear and that leveled the truck. Had a friend machine the blocks and spent about $36.00 or so on the new U-Bolts.

I know Boomer believes that just lowering the rear upsets the handling of the truck. I have to admit the turn in is not as crisp as before, but I learned to live with it. I now have Boomers front end kit sitting in the garage so after it's installed I will have to do another report on how well it handles.

If it that noticably affects the handling that much, perhaps I had better leave well enough alone, or maybe go with only a 1" drop to minimize the negative impact.

It has been said before, but I may be the only one to say it from personal experience.

I DID LOWER JUST THE BACK.................2 INCHES........DON'T DO IT......

It screwed up my handling so bad that I had to drive much slower and more carefully..... According to the experts, it has to do with geometry..... this has already been submitted to you.....

I REPEAT, UNLESS YOU LIKE BOUNCING ALL OVER THE ROAD LIKE A FROG....DON'T LOWER THE BACK ONLY.

SD

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back