Rear window seal

Bigtymerbaumann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the search function and didn't find what I was looking for. Has anyone replaced the black rubber seal that goes around the rear window? Mine has been deteriorating and looks like crap, with pitting and to me looks like rust. I would like to know where to buy and what all goes into the replacement. The seal I would assume is metal with a rubber sleeve. Any advice?

Are you talking about the seal that is on the glass? If so you typically need to replace the rear glass to get a new one.

If you need to replace the rear window, install a power slider.

So I look likes a good wipe down and some paint to hide those unsight'ly pits. How much we talking for an electric rearview? That sounds pretty good didn't think of that.

Last edited:
And the guys from the glass company will hate you, because these windows are a pain in the dick to take out.

I wanted a solid rear window.... before I talked to a glass guy. Decided it wasn't worth risking tearing up the paint.

I just don't want the rear defrost. It's kinda a pointless option for me. Just glass and no lines. Oh and a new seal mines looking kinda crappy.

I wonder if the heat gun trick would work? Someone else try first, let me know how it goes.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back