Rebuild, what to upgrade?

mrsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so we got a little ring land problem and the engine needs a rebuild.
Im thinking when the engine already going out, why not upgrade it some.. :)

Its an 04 with Paxton Novi 2000 SC.

Im not going all out, but want the necessary upgrades so it can handle the sc and maybe gain alitle more hp.
What would you guys upgrade and how would you build it..?
Rods and pistons is a no-brainer..

Also would you go with an aftermarket ecu?
Now its just an sct flash, what do you have on you're sc srt?

Stick with the SCT, but get an actual dyno tune from Chris or Torrie. :)

Rods, pistons and valve springs. cometic MLS gaskets. ARP head studs. The timing chain set is extremely expensive. Check it first. the lower gear is press fit, heat it to remove it or it will break! If you have the budget,have the heads ported and get a custom cam . Low bleed lifters as well. the stock ones work well but are noisy with the stronger springs. Hardened Pushrods to stabilize the valve train at higher rpm. Then an SCT tune from torrie work very well right out of the box. In my opinion...... minimize machining.... I don't trust machineshops! unless you can measure everything ,you really don't know how much and how true their methods are.

Rods, pistons and valve springs. cometic MLS gaskets. ARP head studs. The timing chain set is extremely expensive. Check it first. the lower gear is press fit, heat it to remove it or it will break! If you have the budget,have the heads ported and get a custom cam . Low bleed lifters as well. the stock ones work well but are noisy with the stronger springs. Hardened Pushrods to stabilize the valve train at higher rpm. Then an SCT tune from torrie work very well right out of the box. In my opinion...... minimize machining.... I don't trust machineshops! unless you can measure everything ,you really don't know how much and how true their methods are.

You better be able to trust the machine shop or you have no business taking parts there. The shop better be doing all the measurements & do a build sheet.

Dont know why this hasnt been mention but I'd upgrade the rod bearings. Gen 3 motors are notorious for spinning rod bearings. Might as well get them replaced and upgraded while its apart.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back