Rebuilding a 2005 srt10 8.3L

Mopar360

Reaction score
So I have a 2005 srt10 ram, ordered new crank for it lets just say it was spendy, too end is done, but I bought it and the top was already done, I ought it needing a crank and rod and main bearings, I don't really like the shop who did the top end haven't heard much but horror stories about them, is there anything specific on the viper motor to look at when putting it back together I should have the shop I chose make sure they did right on top end? Thanks don't wanna have a problem because parts are spendy on the 8.3

Where are you located? With that info someone on here might be able to recommend a good shop near you. The wrong shop can be more costly than your parts. Good Luck.

I'm right outside of algona Iowa, would like to take it to dodge dealer they told me thousands of thousands of dollars to put back together and put backin truck, its currently out, I have all parts, I thought no way, local shop quoted me 800 dollars but would rather have a dodge dealer unless the shop will pay if something goes wrong shortly after, its the only srt10 around here I've ever seen and no dodge dealers around here have worked on a 8.3 that I've talked to.

Just because it's a dealer don't mean nothing. I would never let a dealer touch my truck for more than one reason. If they do not have a viper tech then it's a waste of time. From what I understand you could get your wheels stolen and it be on you to replace them as dealers are not responsible for your truck when they have it. Go figure

Took mine to a Dodge house that had a Viper trained mechanic. Had to take it later to Scott to fix. :chain:

Just because it's a dealer don't mean nothing. I would never let a dealer touch my truck for more than one reason. If they do not have a viper tech then it's a waste of time. From what I understand you could get your wheels stolen and it be on you to replace them as dealers are not responsible for your truck when they have it. Go figure

I..........

Last edited:
Justin at JMB Performance in Festus MO. It is a little bit of a drive but you can trust his work and he has years and years and years of experience working on our trucks. He has a reputable machine shop that he uses and makes sure that everything gets done right.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back