Reg cab lowering kit

allwayssideways

Reaction score
Hi guys

I read a lot about x-metal vs. ground force.

Please tell me that the difference between tem arent so big as all writtes in all posts.

Because I have orderd a Ground force for my 2006 Reg Cab.

I asked justin about a set QA1 shocks and I have allredy Caltracs on the truck.

Will this combination work well, or do I really have to change to the x-metal one?

Thanks from Switzeland:dontknow:

IMO, go with the x-metal lowering kit. It don't only lower your truck because it also improve the handling! I am planning to get the x-metal lowering kit soon.

I have the groundforce kit and have no problems. Will be installing QA1's in the next week or two.

I have the X-Metal on my 05, but the Groundforce will work just fine.
You will be happy with either.
Thank goodness you don't have a QC have heard many bad stories on lowering them.

The ground force inkl. springs, blocks shock (rear) all needed hardwear.

QC ? What shall I do with a QC in Switzerland, our roads are about 2.30m wheigt and the parkspaces are about 5.00m long so .....:D

all ya need on a rc is a set of front springs, rear blocks, u bolts, rear shocks, and a bump stop for the front

then if ya want the correct deal, get the sway bar links from Justin

jrgnd had a Ground Force and his was riding on the front bump stops !! the springs in a GF kit are NOT for a SRT,they are for 1/2 ton trucks with hemis.The V10 is just too heavy.Get a X-Metal or buy from Stinker .

Lettin the cat out;)

I am having some special springs made up for Hot Ram, after I get them and he ok's them, I will offer a special deal for the first orders, dont know yet what the price will be until they arrive, but will include the springs , bump stops, blocks, u bolts, and maybe shocks,or at least the option of shocks.
With the option too, of getting the qa1's from justin and his sway bar links to make a complete kit.(these are to be bought from justin)

the springs we are having made are about 1 1/4 shorter so should drop about 1 1/2 inches, and be about 10-20%stiffer on the spring rate.

It will be a few more weeks before i get them , then to Hot Ram, and await his results.
then I will send a set of QC springs to have done.

Stinker said:
Lettin the cat out;)

I am having some special springs made up for Hot Ram, after I get them and he ok's them, I will offer a special deal for the first orders, dont know yet what the price will be until they arrive, but will include the springs , bump stops, blocks, u bolts, and maybe shocks,or at least the option of shocks.
With the option too, of getting the qa1's from justin and his sway bar links to make a complete kit.(these are to be bought from justin)

the springs we are having made are about 1 1/4 shorter so should drop about 1 1/2 inches, and be about 10-20%stiffer on the spring rate.

It will be a few more weeks before i get them , then to Hot Ram, and await his results.
then I will send a set of QC springs to have done.
I assume the rate you mention is compared to stock? What are these springs rate like in comparison to what comes with the x-metal kit?

MYTRAM said:
I assume the rate you mention is compared to stock? What are these springs rate like in comparison to what comes with the x-metal kit?

Yes those are compared to stock, and honestly I couldnt tell ya what x-metals spring rate is:dontknow:

I would assume they are atleast alittle bit stiffer too, but in al the posts I have seen here on the subject in the past 1 1/2 yrs. or so, I have never seen anyone ask or answer that.

well I have requested from the makers of the springs, a chart of the stock spring rate and of the new spring rate, hope that helps

Looking forward to the QC results. I gotta drop this dang 4x4 already

--wes

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back