Reg. cab VS Quad cab

SnakeBite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my quad for 6k miles, and Im getting tired of the auto trans, clunking around everyday, having to turn off the overdrive everytime and trying to shift the auto like a manual. I feel like I should have driven the manual trans to at least consider it, but I thought having the back seats was the way to go since every truck I've ever had has had them.

Obviously the manual is going to give you much more control of the power, but for those of you who have driven both, what's the difference in performance really like?

Something tells me I'm going to be pissed.....

Rob

Driving the RC ALWAYS takes me back to my teenage years slaming the gears in my 4 speed 1970 Chevelle. :rock:

Somehow, I don't think I'd get that from a QC auto.:dontknow:

Yep you would be pissed:D

i cant say it enough, ;) the RC is just plain outright FUN! its a damn beast!

it will honestly make ya feel 20 years younger! more looks from the babes!

pisses off ricers! makes fuel stops smile!

but the best thing is , sitting at a stop light, knowing a few are starring wondering what a viper is , or damn thats a nice truck.......the light turns green.........and with a f'n big ass smile you rev her to about 3000 an dump the clutch and just smoke the shit outta the tires till YOU decide to let out!

and then pull in the local KFC like it never happened, get out, smile like you got a 2ft long penis and go get some chicken.

With the QC? eh , well, makes ya feel kinda cool going to get groceries:D

I like them both... I opted for QC only because occasionally I do need to move my trailer around, and the stop and go traffic here in the Phoenix Valley pretty much just plain sucks.. I drove a manual here for many years... and it just plain sucked...so I converted... yeah.. I would love to have a manual but around here it just did not make sense....

But with my $4k in mod to the tranny alone... she acts like a manual, and smokes the tires like a manual... snaps ur neck like a manual...=) under hard accellerations, with the tune and supercharger, it shift 1-2 and 2-D at 5950...

I'm 56 years old, and whenever I drive my RC, I feel like I'm 18 again. It's my daily driver.

some of us have kids to tote around.so practicallity sais qc....all out fun sais rc.what the hell,just purchase one of each.let the ol`e lady use the qc to get the kids.

conclusion:qc= family
rc= NO KIDS:D

05BLACKVIPER said:
some of us have kids to tote around.so practicallity sais qc....all out fun sais rc.what the hell,just purchase one of each.let the ol`e lady use the qc to get the kids.

basically it boils down to this:
RC= guys truck
QC= girls truck

nuff said

05BLACKVIPER said:
Not exactly. My RC has a center seat with 3 point seatbelt and all. My wife and 8 y/o ride with me comfortably. My son can already shift like a mad man. :rock:

well, as you can see im my sig I've haven the opportunity to drive both quite a bit. I own the QC and my previous roomate has the RC. I have to say forst of all, why are you trying to shift your auto trans like a manual? that's just dumb. 2nd, the manual is not fun to drive at all. I have several fast cars that are indeed fun to drive. Driving the RC to me is clunky at best. it shifts like a school bus and at least of the 2 I've driven, my QC is faster every time at the track. low 14's vs high to mid 13's consistantly. The only beef I have with the auto is the 2nd gear band isn't up to the power. Of course, I do race it a lot.

Actually.... QC's are faster. ;)

I sold my Lightning because I wanted more room... almost bought a Harley F150. :rolleyes: .... Then drove the SRT-10 QC I have now. It was a no-brainer for me. :dontknow: If I want to shift.... I drive a different vehicle. ;)

Go get a Stage 2 PCM, Cat-Back Magnaflow, and a K&N Drop-in filter.... and be happy. :)

spot on!

Black1 said:

I sold my Lightning because I wanted more room... almost bought a Harley F150. :rolleyes: .... Then drove the SRT-10 QC I have now. It was a no-brainer for me. :dontknow: If I want to shift.... I drive a different vehicle. ;)

Go get a Stage 2 PCM, Cat-Back Magnaflow, and a K&N Drop-in filter.... and be happy. :)

Black1 said:

you girl...:D

muttvipertruck said:
you girl...:D

bush-finger.jpg

I had an 03 QC hemi and loved it cept that I felt like I was driving a boat it was so big..............the 10's came out and well....I had to have one. The RC feels more like me, fits my personality. Nothing wrong with a QC, I just really dig my truck. But when stuck in traffic.....not as much.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back