Rejex Coating

SilvrSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a bottle of Rejex (thin film polymer coating) from Tony and told him I'd do a review on it. Well here it is.

Short Term Review

Start with a clean vehicle. According to the bottle you could wash your vehicle with Dawn to strip the old wax off. If you apply Rejex over wax it may not last as long as it will come off with the wax.

Apply Rejex per the instructions to a clean dry vehicle. Use it sparingly! a little goes a long way once you have some in your applicator. It went on really easy and I had the whole vehicle done in no time. Body, glass, chrome, light lenses even the black plastic. The only place I saw it turn white is on the black plastic thing at the base of the antenna and that came off easy too and might have been from a previous waxing.

Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes until it becomes a haze. I already had the Jeep circled by this time. I then grabbed a clean dry microfiber rag and started buffing the haze. It does give an incredible shine and comes off easy. A rain shower was moving in and the light was dimming but you could still see how shiny everything looked. Right as I finished it, it started raining so I moved the Jeep to the garage so I could put my work truck away in the shop. Water beaded up like crazy. I left it wet in the garage to see how the water sheds off. I was planning on taking some pictures but the weather isn't cooperating. I'll try to get some tomorrow when the sun comes back out.

I'll do a long term review in a week or so to let you know how bugs and road grime come off. So far I really like this stuff. Going to do the Truck and my bike with it.

Pics of the Jeep: http://picasaweb.google.com/10784771...uqyaau-cXXkAE#

About a week later.....

As far as the Rejex goes. So far some incredible stuff. The Jeep still feels slick and I had two bug strikes and they bounced off. It almost seems like the Rejex prevents the bugs from even hitting your vehicle absurd as that sounds.

Last edited:
thanks dave:rock:

much appreciated buddy:)

one note also , coating the rims lets the brake dust jsut wash off, I did the yota awhile back, never to wash it, but dang did the other day and took nothing to clean it! the bugs jsut basically rinse off, pretty cool stuff so far, the chally is being done this week:)

10banger said:
Thanks for the write up man.... sound like I may be ordering some soon. Stinker, is this something your gonna be stocking?
yessir, so far man I love it, I dont EVER wash the yota, and I know this is stupid nutts , but ran thru a big rainstorm on the way back from myrtle last week, and well it came clean like I had just washed it:confused:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
thanks dave:rock:

much appreciated buddy:)

one note also , coating the rims lets the brake dust jsut wash off, I did the yota awhile back, never to wash it, but dang did the other day and took nothing to clean it! the bugs jsut basically rinse off, pretty cool stuff so far, the chally is being done this week:)
I'll wash the Jeep again this weekend and see how stuff comes off. I did the rims too. Man do they shine. I've washed them before and cleaned them but they've never had the shine they did after applying Rejex to them. Glass, chrome, paint all shine like I haven't seen before.

10banger said:
I may be the 1st to try it on the infamous black.:rock:
yeah gonna do the challey this week, and like dave says, it shines pretty dang good, I know the yota has took a beating , but didnt prep it or nothing, jsut rolled the wax on , and it shined like a new penny:D

but its more than that, it was developed for the aviation industry, to keep the exhaust blast off of airplanes and such, to make it an easy clean up.

and talking with the owner, its a huge seller in fla, for the love bugs:D
they jsut wash off and dont stain the paint.

but I too am interested to see how it looks on the challey:)

SilvrSRT10 said:
I'll wash the Jeep again this weekend and see how stuff comes off. I did the rims too. Man do they shine. I've washed them before and cleaned them but they've never had the shine they did after applying Rejex to them. Glass, chrome, paint all shine like I haven't seen before.
most def bud, and I did my plastic mirrors, and no sticky goo bugs there yet:D

well I've got 48,000 on the yota, been waxed once when I bought it:D
washed probably twice:p

didnt clean the yota with cleaner or clay bar it, jsut striaght application of rejex, thats it.

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

RejeX is a thin-film polymer coating designed to provide a high-release protective finish for vehicles of all kinds. This very thin film – less than a micron thick – prevents stains and adhesion of common contaminants such as exhaust, bugs, oil, tree sap, bird droppings, road grime, brake dust, etc.
It also makes graffiti easy to remove and can be applied to windshields to repel rain. It’s easy to apply and produces a deep, lustrous shine that outlasts the most popular waxes by months.

RejeX is not meant to be used on porous surfaces, highly oxidized painted surfaces, or to fill fine scratches. RejeX can be applied in multiple coats, allowing 8 hours curing time between coats for deeper color and greater depth of gloss. RejeX has a higher refractive index than waxes, so it produces richer, deeper looking colors and a lustrous long-lasting finish.

RejeX can be used over existing wax; however, the duration of protection will be reduced as the softer underlying wax degrades comparatively quickly. There is no reason to wax over RejeX. As we’ve already said, RejeX leaves a shinier, longer-lasting finish than wax… and the wax can't adhere well to RejeX!

What makes a RejeX protected vehicle easier to clean?

RejeX leaves a film coating that’s so non-porous and slick most contaminants can’t penetrate or adhere to it. Certainly the acids in bug splats, bird droppings, tree sap, exhaust deposits, brake dust and other contaminants commonly encountered in normal driving conditions won’t penetrate RejeX. While these contaminants will still get on your car, since they can't stick, cleaning them off is much easier.

Will RejeX keep hard water stains and mineral deposits off my car?

Mineral deposits and water spots will be greatly reduced and generally can be wiped right off

How about brake dust on wheels?

RejeX won't keep brake dust from accumulating over time, but it does make wheels much easier to clean. Usually a good high pressure spray of water is sufficient to knock off brake dust. Plus RejeX leaves a wicked shine on both chrome and alloy wheels.

Is RejeX effective against Love Bugs?

Yes. In fact, RejeX is the only thing we've ever found that's proven effective against these critters

How long does RejeX last?

Longevity varies depending on various environmental factors, including:

• If RejeX was applied properly per instructions (i.e. a clean, cool surface, etc.)?
• How long was RejeX allowed to cure before the vehicle was returned to service
• Where the vehicle is stored: garaged, hangered, or stored outside
• Frequency of washing and kind (if any) of detergent is used
• The kind of contaminants the vehicle is regularly exposed to

Typically, RejeX lasts between 6 and 9 months, although we have numerous reports from customers who say it lasted well over a year. High abrasion areas, like leading edges of airplane wings, may require more frequent application – perhaps every 3-4 months.

REJEX APPLICATION
RejeX should be applied to a cool (less than 85° F) dry surface out of direct sunlight. If the surface is too hot, the coating will cure before it has properly bonded to the surface, and it won’t perform up to its potential. RejeX is wiped on, allowed to dry to a haze for approximately 20 minutes, wiped off, then allowed to cure for 12 hours.

Curing is required to allow the monomers (polymer building blocks) that make up RejeX to attach to the surface being treated and to polymerize (crosslink) into a crystal-clear, impervious film. It is very important to allow RejeX to cure for 12 hours after the haze has been wiped off. If the coating is exposed to contamination such as oil, fuel, soot, water, cleaners, etc. before it has cured, the contaminants may interfere with the film, preventing the RejeX from achieving it's maximum performance and durability.

CAR AND DRIVER
"After a month of building up road crud, the side of the [car] treated with RejeX came clean with one swipe of the sponge..."

Any free samples ..so I can compare a few different waxes I have to it Tony???

Going to get some for the Harley, Texas Grasshoppers do a number on it.

VIPR PWR said:
Any free samples ..so I can compare a few different waxes I have to it Tony???
I didnt get any of the small packets buddy, all I got in was some of the 16 oz bottles, but will check with him and see if he has any

And for those that have pm'd yes its for sale now, jst cant find time to get it on the site, its $15 and $5shippin, I got a case of 12 to start, but will be ordering more, I hope everyone enjoys and it works well for them
I think I got about 5 or 6 left at the moment:)

wesalbert said:
nt a problem good sir, an thank you so very kindly for your purchase of our product, if we can help you in any way ,please do not hesitate to contact us
thank you sir
JTS Venom Performance
:p :p :p :p

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
nt a problem good sir, an thank you so very kindly for your purchase of our product, if we can help you in any way ,please do not hesitate to contact us
thank you sir
JTS Venom Performance
:p :p :p :p

oh, stop it. :p :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back