Remote Start Manual Transmission

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one ever drove my truck but me. The day i watched it leave the parking lot in the hands of its new owner, i was dumbfounded at how badass that rig sounded. Even when i went back in the house to get something i forgot, it made me smile to listen to the china in the cabinet rattle. I even insisted on being the one that drove the truck into the bay at the oil change shop.

You QC guys have the pleasure of being able to remote start your truck, and be the person walking toward it in the parking lot, with everyone watching! If you made it a ritualistic habit of making sure your RC was in neutral everytime you parked it. Could you bypass the clutch switch and install a remote start on it.

It sure would help cooling the truck down with this hot florida summers, and i was pretty anal about letting it warm before i take off.

Give me your thoughts.

They make kits for manual vehicles, shouldnt be a problem for someone that knows what they are doing.

You have to hold your foot on the brake, then engage the park brake, now remove your foot from the brake, exit the vehicle with the car running, then shut it off with the remote. Then the car knows it is in neutral and will remote start afterwards. But if you open the door after it is shut off it will reset it and then not start.

They make kits for manual vehicles, shouldnt be a problem for someone that knows what they are doing.

You have to hold your foot on the brake, then engage the park brake, now remove your foot from the brake, exit the vehicle with the car running, then shut it off with the remote. Then the car knows it is in neutral and will remote start afterwards. But if you open the door after it is shut off it will reset it and then not start.

Thats a marvel of science right there. So simple, but i would never have thought of it. Who makes a kit?

Not sure, my brother did this stuff for years he would know. I could ask later if no one else chimes in, but I would check at any of the installation shops or stereo shops.

Its not hard to use a regular remote start kit. I wanna say they use a relay so if its in gear it will not start. The only way it will start is if the parking break was on and out of gear. Ill try to get the relay set up.

I've got a compustar in my lifted ram it's a Manuel and yes it's nice. When your about to shut the truck off you apply the park brake have it in neutral the starter needs to verify that the vehicle is in neutral so by the park vrake being applied and no clutch/brake pedal application in knows this. Then you exit the vehicle I always lock my doors but when you close the door it will shut off and lock doors and set the alarm(if you opt for an alarm).

The only difference between an auto And Manuel installation is basically labour. On my truck they spent about 3hrs more on the installation because you have to splice into the park brake, clutch pedal, brake pedal, interior lights, locks. Added 3 extra relays, I also got the immobilizer installed. There might be some other things but if you really want one find a qualified place that installs them not a bestbuy... Type of place. I will not install one on my srt don't want wires spliced into it.

Yes it can be done. The Batram had the Viper Remote start system in it for a few weeks with the stock T56 while we were converting it to the 4L80E. Worked great, no issues and easy to install. I ran a Viper (still do) and love it to bits. The manual transmission is much messier in terms of "setting" it up. Not installing it, but getting it ready to remote start. You have to do a certain pre-routine if you want to remote start it.

I forget how it goes exactly but it's something like turn up, put truck into neutral, keep truck running, hit the remote start button, it'll beep, then hit handbrake, then remove key (truck remains running) then exit the vehicle and when you lock it, it shuts down. THEN it's ready to remote start. Sounds harder than it is but it's still a PITA. Now with my 4L80E auto, I just lock it as always, handbrake in (as always) and I can remote start at will, no pre-routine, f#%ken loving it!!! ;)

My 0.2c

Viper5901.jpg

BATRAM_Key___Remote.JPG

TheBatram04.JPG

Clifford also made a kit...but good luck getting someone to install this, most car audio shops won't install these on manual tranny vehicles due to liability issues...so either you have to be smart on this install or have a friend that is...and willing to help...a color code type wiring diagram also helps tremendously.

When z-man had his RC CE he had a remote start installed on it. It was sweet. I understand there would be liability issues, but one would have to be really absent minded to attempt remorte starting their RC with the damn shifter left in 1st. Wouldn't be a problem for me because I never leave it in 1st before exiting the 10.

Carl thanks for "shooting me in the face" with that Viper alarm (inside joke guys). I've been wanting to have a Viper alarm like that installed but never get around to it. I may need it because my 10 has no alarm other than the p.o.s one installed by Chrysler just before I took delivery of her back in '05. I know that sounds stupid on my part but I NEVER leave her anywhere other than home.

When z-man had his RC CE he had a remote start installed on it. It was sweet. I understand there would be liability issues, but one would have to be really absent minded to attempt remorte starting their RC with the damn shifter left in 1st. Wouldn't be a problem for me because I never leave it in 1st before exiting the 10.

Carl thanks for "shooting me in the face" with that Viper alarm (inside joke guys). I've been wanting to have a Viper alarm like that installed but never get around to it. I may need it because my 10 has no alarm other than the p.o.s one installed by Chrysler just before I took delivery of her back in '05. I know that sounds stupid on my part but I NEVER leave her anywhere other than home.
LMAO......"anytime" :D:p Re 1st gear, if it's installed correctly, it won't remote start while in 1st. That's how the Viper works anyhow. You MUST have it in neutral and the e-brake on for it to engage, otherwise nothing will happen. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back