Remote start on RC or QC with 6 speed conversion

Viper83101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there has been alot of talk and discussion about the safety of a remote start system on the 6 speed trucks and I happened to stumble across a company that has an awesome safety feature. Its a company called Compustar. They have a device that you can get extra with their alarm/remote start systems which detects any forward or reverse movement and also any tilt movement. So basically if you accidentally had left your truck in gear and then remote started it, as soon as the truck makes any movement at all the system shuts the truck down right then. It also detects any tilt movement while armed so if someone thought they were going to steal your wheels, as soon as they started jacking the truck up it would set the alarm off. I just ordered this system from them and thought I would pass the info on to yall for anyone that hasnt heard of this already and was interested. Just look up Compustar.com
The extra safety device is under accessories on their website.

"going mach 2 with my hair on fire!"

With the remotes, the head unit, and the accessory safety features I was talking about it was 330 through best buy which thats free installation since buying it through them.

I have had numerous types of installations like this done to various vehicles over the years through best buy and never had a problem at all.

Looked over the site, pretty neat stuff however couldn't find any information on the tilt sensor. 330 isn't bad I had s viper alarm and remote start installed on a different vehicle from them and it was around 500

HAHAHAHAHA. I can't fathom letting a BestBuy nitwit play with the electrical system of any vehicle of mine much less my SRT10.

Well yall can let whoever you want install it...I was just passing on the word about the system is all

HAHAHAHAHA. I can't fathom letting a BestBuy nitwit play with the electrical system of any vehicle of mine much less my SRT10.

The best thing about the best buy nitwit is that when he screws something up you know best buy will foot the bill to fix it.

BestBuy won't be fixing any screw-ups for me. My vehicles wont be in there in the first place to give them the opportunity to fix the F$%K up.

To each his own.

Good idea. Something i will look into eventually. I do know that i want to get rid of the foot pedal -e brake. Cant stand that thing. I removed my middle from seat entirely and am building a new floor console that will house a hand- ebrake

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back