Removing Ground Force lowering blocks

Joster

Reaction score
Im tying to remove my Ground Force lowering kit, that was on my truck when I bought it, but the block on the rear axle are STUCK. As far as I understand there are no bolts holding them or is there anything I'm missing there...??
/Johan

Take U bolts off, raise rear, remove blocks, easy peezy

I'm gonna try the hammer.... and some rust remover.
Just wanted to be sure that I was not missing anything importent before I start using violence....:D

...and no... The parts are not for sale and I think the shipping will be too expencive.... I live in Sweden...

/Johan

You're experiencing Electrolysis bud, the adhesion of metal of two different alloys. It will take a knock with a hammer bud. If you break a block or ding it up so be it. ;)

I still can not remove the blocks. With quite alot of violence I can rotate then some degrees... Thats it... Are you guys sure they are not bolted... Look at the attached picture... There are two "veryhardtoreachbolts" on each side....

Attachments

• Lowering block.jpg
    Lowering block.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 176
And how is that sopposed to be done? How long are they? Nuts inside the spring?

I still can not remove the blocks. With quite alot of violence I can rotate then some degrees... Thats it... Are you guys sure they are not bolted... Look at the attached picture... There are two "veryhardtoreachbolts" on each side....

According to the picture, you need to separate bottom of block from spring. Use a jack to separate rear end from springs. Apparently it's a hollow block with a nut on bottom side.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back