Replacement Pistons???

06v1p3rsrt10

Reaction score
so I need new Pistons for my 06 ram SRT-10 and I found some on ROE RACING performance. According to the description you could mount there Pistons on stock OEM rods and what I been hearing from people the you need new rods and Pistons??? So right now I'm confuse if anyone would let me now before I order them. The would be great

Last edited:
I went down that road (briefly) when doing research on my rebuild. The answer was the stock rod is not strong enough to be worth keeping when your into it that deep. The pin is also a press fit (piston rotates on the pin but pin & rod are esentilaly one piece) and an odd ball size. Your better off useing a floating pin (piston&rod can both rotate on the pin) with clips holding the pin in. Any of the aftermarket rods available is a better choice than stock.

Aftermarket rods
K1 = good
Callies = better (what I went with)
Carrillo = best
Most parts for Viper engines are made to order.
Then all you have to decide on pistons. Lol

Try Not to simply order the kit. Speak with Sean Roe, or any one of our wonderfully capable Vendors on here, about your plans for the engine. You should try to get cylinder bore dimensions prior to ordering the pistons.how much power you plan to sustain is also important to proper clearances.And then there is proper balancing of the New Rotating assembly. just my 2 cents......

I don't now any good engine builders here in oregon. I was thinking off doing it my self after I took it apart don't look the hard so I'm going to give it a shoot see how it goes. Other than having questions on timing and lifters torque specs I shoul be ok. Yes I been looking at roe and JTS just deciding on a set up. I'm not doing supercharge our turbo our nitrous just and ALL MOTOR that's why I was wondering on just buying Pistons and OEM RODS.

Yea I e-mail sean about it. Better to get new rods.

i been checking on roe and jtsvp

roe had this replacement forge pistons and decided to ask since im not doing anything crazy on it like turbo/supercharge/nitrous all be happy with the 460-480 on bolt on's cam and ported heads

dont now any builders the i trust here in oregon..i was thinking off doing it my self when i took it apart dint notice anything hard abouth it other than timimg the i dint check how it was and the push rods torque spec but still thinking about it

Last edited:
Why are you replaceing the pistons? Just upgrading or did you have a failure?

Had Pistons failure after I had it for 2 weeks after I only drove it for 100 miles Pistons ring gave up. 1 year later I have enough to buy Pistons and was thinking off getting roe replacement Pistons since I don't need rods. And do bolt on's on it.

Yes I pay $2500 for engine insurance took it to Chrysler dealer I pay them and extra $1000 to take the engine apart and the insurance was going to go check it out but the only thing they told the chysler dealership the it had foreign metal and they we're not going to fix it. Took it were I got it and samething WE SOLD IT AS IS so is not our problem. So is been sitting for all most 1 year.

That's why I was asking abouth the ROE REPLACEMENT PISTONS so i can have it running paying 1 year for insurance and just sitting waist off money.

Last edited:
Had Pistons failure after I had it for 2 weeks after I only drove it for 100 miles Pistons ring gave up. 1 year later I have enough to buy Pistons and was thinking off getting roe replacement Pistons since I don't need rods. And do bolt on's on it.

Yes I pay $2500 for engine insurance took it to Chrysler dealer I pay them and extra $1000 to take the engine apart and the insurance was going to go check it out but the only thing they told the chysler dealership the it had foreign metal and they we're not going to fix it. Took it were I got it and samething WE SOLD IT AS IS so is not our problem. So is been sitting for all most 1 year.

That's why I was asking abouth the ROE REPLACEMENT PISTONS so i can have it running paying 1 year for insurance and just sitting wast off money.

Man that sucks and I feel your pain about having a truck sit.

A few pieces of ring got rammed into my cylinder head also. Ended up having to replace it.
I love how they will take your money for the warranty but it's not worth the paper it's printed on when you have a problem.

being straight forward and honest, you need to find a reputable engine builder should be your first priority

I agree with Tony, find an engine builder, this is going to be way more than just replacing pistons. I hope that was an old video.......running your engine in that condition, is going to turn it into an expensive boat anchor, in a hurry.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back