REPLACING OIL LINES?????

screamindemon

Reaction score
So my Yellow Fever is leaking oil from one of the lines:mad: and I'm going to try to change the leaky bastard myself. unless its gonna be a bitch(but it looks simple) any input would be GREAT!:rock:

So my Yellow Fever is leaking oil from one of the lines:mad: and I'm going to try to change the leaky bastard myself. unless its gonna be a bitch(but it looks simple) any input would be GREAT!:rock:

They are fairly easy and will likely be the Power Steering lines or the oil cooler lines. You can either get them made at your local hose shop or have our Vendors hook you up. JTSVP has a nice aftermarket set that hold up real well for sure.
I suggest washing the engine bay, then going for a quick drive, then parking and looking for where the leak originates.

They are pretty easy to do and you want to do it right the first time and not have to mess with it again or for a very very long time i would look into Tony's oil lines kit he is one of our vendors here "JTS venom performance" and i can vouch for his products and great customer service. he also has the power steering lines as well. let us kno how it turns out

If Midnight Runner can do it......... :D

It really isn't bad. I did mine myself as well.

I have the same problem and ordered Tony's lines yesterday. Dodge dealer wanted $525 for parts and labor. I figure $200 for Tony's much better lines and just have the local performance shop down the street install the lines will be way less and last longer than stock replacements.

-Jason

My stocks on my 06 started leaking at all 4 points at less than 17k miles.

they are not bad to replace, you have two lines, four fittings, two in the block, two in the cooler

on the end of the lines you will see a plastic sleeve, push that back, you will see a small retaining clip
take a small pick and remove the retaining clip
the line will then slide out of the fitting, be sure to have a small drain pan to catch any fluids
then with a socket remove the fittings,

replace with new lines

if ours be sure to put the adapter end with the o ring towards the block and cooler, not the oil line itself, the conical end fits inside the line , that is how it seals

Do an oil change at the same time! When you pull the filter, most of the oil in the lines and cooler should drain. Otherwise it will be messy!!

Where the oil lines go into the oil cooler, does it matter which line goes on top?

Where the oil lines go into the oil cooler, does it matter which line goes on top?

The stock ones should be marked on the block or cooler side i forget but one is the feed line the other is return. do one at a time and you wont have a problem. also when installing tonys like he said make sure u put the adapter the right way so that it seals if not your gonna have a huge mess of oil. Again, pretty easy job i would take the passenger tire off and fender well or guard to get to the lines easier and work comfortable.

Last edited:
The stock ones should be marked on the block or cooler side i forget but one is the feed line the other is return. do one at a time and you wont have a problem. also when installing tonys like he said make sure u put the adapter the right way so that it seals if not your gonna have a huge mess of oil. Again, pretty easy job i would take the passenger tire off and fender well or guard to get to the lines easier and work comfortable.

A shop pulled my engine before I took everything back from them so I wasn't the one to remove them :(. Tried to look in the manual but the drawings weren't real clear. I would think that it doesn't matter which goes where since it is just flowing through but thought I would ask just to make sure.

Right on guys!!! thanks A LOT for all the help! When I get my lazy ass motivated and the snow stops I'll let you all know how it goes

Wassup guys! Can I replace my oil cooler lines w/o performing oil change? Just did it n don't wanna do it again. Any suggestion ? Thanks!!

This is good to know, because i found that mine are leaking as well. Looks like ill have have to do it sometime after the snow melts and i get a few extra dollars. I also found that my driver side valve cover is leaking towards the back of it, so i will have to fix that as well. Between that and just burning, i go through about a quart of oil a week when i can drive it. Kinda sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back