Replacing Plugs & Wires.

DIABLO_X22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Have 32k On My 2005 Quad Cab, Need To Do Plugs. I Also Would Like To Do Wires. I Have It SCT Tuned, The 170 Thermostat, Volant CAI, Cat-Back Exhaust, I Think Thats It. So Here Are My Questions-

What Plugs Do You Guys Recommend? I Was Always Told The OE Are The Best. I Could Be Wrong!

What Wires Are Recommended, AND What Other Parts (If Any) Do I Need To Do The Wires. ( I Dont Like Reusing ANY Gaskets). AND Anything Else Recommended "While Im In There?"

Any Feedback Would Be Helpful!!!! :evil:

DIABLO_X22 said:
I Have 32k On My 2005 Quad Cab, Need To Do Plugs. I Also Would Like To Do Wires. I Have It SCT Tuned, The 170 Thermostat, Volant CAI, Cat-Back Exhaust, I Think Thats It. So Here Are My Questions-

What Plugs Do You Guys Recommend? I Was Always Told The OE Are The Best. I Could Be Wrong!

What Wires Are Recommended, AND What Other Parts (If Any) Do I Need To Do The Wires. ( I Dont Like Reusing ANY Gaskets). AND Anything Else Recommended "While Im In There?"

Any Feedback Would Be Helpful!!!! :evil:

Diablo- I like the NGKs on my setup or a stock engine.
I use the factory spark plug wires and they work just fine.
There are aftermarket plug wires available but honestly, any trouble I have had with plug wires over the years have been with aftermarket. They both seem to last about the same length of time.
Venom Performance has some new coils available and I would consider changing those while I was under there cleaning out the bugs... If you get carried away cleaning and remove your knock sensors, make sure you re-torque them to the proper spec. or it will change how they listen to your engine.

Your intake gaskets are re-usable 3 times but they aren't expensive if you want new ones.
Have a peek inside your intake ports and check to see that it is nice and dry in there (guides/seal are o.k.).
The intake manifold isn't particularly heavy but it is a good idea to have a buddy help to look around when it is going back on to make sure no cables get pinched, etc.

Lower bolts (first round) center out on each side @ 10 INCH pounds Driver's side, then Passenger.
Upper row (second round) center out Driver's, then Pass. @ 95 inch pounds.
The rear driver's are a little bitchy- A 1/4 drive with a flex & socket works fine though...

Ronnie

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back