Replacing speakers?

04viperram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does replacing speakers and keeping the head unit make a big difference? Don't want anything that is gonna rattle the windows, just a better all around sound. I know the 6x9 in the doors are just for bass. Just seeing what you guys have done and how ya'll liked them.

Does replacing speakers and keeping the head unit make a big difference? Don't want anything that is gonna rattle the windows, just a better all around sound. I know the 6x9 in the doors are just for bass. Just seeing what you guys have done and how ya'll liked them.

6X9s have good bass...but they are not JUST for bass. They are a good all around speaker. In my Hemi Ram....I used Polks all the way around with Polk components in the rear doors. They improved the sound quite a bit and improved the level of bass I could use before distortion. It all depends on the quality of speaker you get. I just used the Polks based from a suggestion of a good friend. (he has been doing car audio for over 20 years) I was pleased with them. You can't go wrong with infinity or rockford fosgate either. Those two almost always sound great.

Here is a vid of what I did to my Hemi Ram...as you can see, I also put in two Polk 10" subs under the rear seats. They were mounted in a FG box I made.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjFmTCmqEc]YouTube - ‪Perverse Koncepts Ram‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:
Man I been out of the car audio game for a long time. Gonna be keeping the factory head unit and probably gonna go with some kickers or something, have been looking at polk too. Don't wanna spend too much money on the audio and more on the performance.:rock: Just want a little better sound! Also what about the center speaker, do they make a direct replacement for that or what do you guys recommend?

Man I been out of the car audio game for a long time. Gonna be keeping the factory head unit and probably gonna go with some kickers or something, have been looking at polk too. Don't wanna spend too much money on the audio and more on the performance.:rock: Just want a little better sound! Also what about the center speaker, do they make a direct replacement for that or what do you guys recommend?

when i got my truck one front door speaker was blown...i went with kicker ks series all around...( 6x9 in the front doors ,3 1/2 on the dash and 5 1/4 on the rear doors) sounded better than stock but i gave in and changed the head unit and added component speakers and amps...sounds great now....

The Mopar Kicker speaker upgrades sound good. Although, some minor wire splicing is needed for the dash speakers (Mopar and OEM connectors are different) and for the Mopar RC sub upgrade some minor wiring is needed for that.

Sometime this summer I am going to replace my RC's Infinity speakers with Boston Acoustics. I've been told they sound pretty good with the factory amp and head units. I'm leaving the Infinity sub intact. We'll see how this goes.

I went a little extreme. It does rattle stuff :D 4 Alpine 10's
92cbe34b.jpg

Rear view camera......................................... Ipod playback

3f595206.jpg
af1745c0.jpg

A little internet browsing

44cea76b.jpg

Last edited:
The Mopar Kicker speaker upgrades sound good. Although, some minor wire splicing is needed for the dash speakers (Mopar and OEM connectors are different) and for the Mopar RC sub upgrade some minor wiring is needed for that.

Sometime this summer I am going to replace my RC's Infinity speakers with Boston Acoustics. I've been told they sound pretty good with the factory amp and head units. I'm leaving the Infinity sub intact. We'll see how this goes.

I got boston acoustics in my lexus and LOVE them. Just been to cheap to spend the money to put a set in my truck lol id rather spend money on performance then sound lol

I went to the search bar and brought back my old post,Check it out it may help you decide.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/music-my-ears-30638/

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back