Reply To Jack Re: Lowering Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MODERATORS: DO NOT MOVE THIS THREAD.
JACK POSTED PUBLICLY AND I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DO THE SAME.

Jack-
I'm sorry that you continue to harbor ill-will toward me. It's quite evident in your posts and everyone sees right through that.
The repeated insults aren't necessary, especially in public.

It's also disappointing that a hardcore racing veteran such as yourself would shun better (and correct) components for our trucks.
The fact that you're denying other owners these components isn't a feather in your cap either.

I promise you: If your blocks came from ANYONE else, they are not correct and you WILL have problems down the road.

If I am not mistaken, a Vendor makes money off of their dealings with members. As I clearly stated in my initial post, this is NOT for profit. I offered to post scans of the receipts so that folks know EXACTLY what the components cost.
If you still stand by your decision, then I ask you why you hold a double-standard as I was 'allowed' to do this exact same thing with the battery tray storage boxes (which I believe you purchased one of...and a project I didn't break even with).

My plan, as I stated in my original post, was to do this small first run (5-10 pair) then pass the information along to a site-approved vendor. This will NOT impact any of the current vendor sales as my project is for the BLOCKS ONLY.

The price that my blocks are currently at ($244/pr.) is NOT outlandish nor expensive considering the quality of the materials used and the labor involved. I did NOT include any "Kev Time" or anything like that.
Quality does not come cheap. But you already knew that.

As much as I did not want to come back here, I had to. My blocks were designed SPECIFICALLY for the SRT-10 regular cab trucks, and there are many owners here.
I posted not only to help complete this project and possibly add a product to a vendor's list, but to also make sure that other SRT-10 owners have correct and safe components in their trucks.

I can't say your response to my thread was totally unexpected, but I will say that I am extremely disappointed.

IMHO you would find many buyers for that kind of price:dontknow:
I think I give like $40 for some 4'' blocks and I cut them to my specs and I love them:rock: They may not be billet or say viper or srt 10 but honestly it goes under the truck so it will not be seen much at all:D

Jack is just doing his job and I believe he does it very well:D I don't think it would be fair to some of the venders either;)

kyle's srt10 said:
IMHO you would find many buyers for that kind of price:dontknow:
I think I give like $40 for some 4'' blocks and I cut them to my specs and I love them:rock: They may not be billet or say viper or srt 10 but honestly it goes under the truck so it will not be seen much at all:D

Jack is just doing his job and I believe he does it very well:D I don't think it would be fair to some of the venders either;)

i agree

Show me a vendor that sells ONLY lowering blocks and makes NO MONEY OFF OF THEM.
Links to purchase please.
Thanks.

tone said:
better throw in some u bolts for that price dude, and its unfair to reply that other blocks are NOT SAFE.
Sometimes the truth hurts.
As I said: don't believe me. Talk to TNVIPER regarding the safety issue.

Kevan said:
Show me a vendor that sells ONLY lowering blocks and makes NO MONEY OFF OF THEM.
Links to purchase please.
Thanks.

Sometimes the truth hurts.
As I said: don't believe me. Talk to TNVIPER regarding the safety issue.

ill talk to you bro, what is the safty issue?

Serious question for Kevan.

How many trucks curently have the blocks that you speak of?

VJ

tone said:
ill talk to you bro, what is the safty issue?
ViperJeff said:
Serious question for Kevan.

How many trucks curently have the blocks that you speak of?

VJ
Sorry guys, but according to the site owners post in the CI thread, I'm not allowed to talk about it.
I don't want to get banned.

I bought my blocks and all hardware from a vendor here for under $100. They fit perfect the 1st time, and the truck sits level. I have over 20k miles on the truck with the blocks installed and have had no issues at all. :D

Kevan said:
Sorry guys, but according to the site owners post in the CI thread, I'm not allowed to talk about it.
I don't want to get banned.

Fair enough....

I missed whatever is going on, thank goodness.

Got another question for you Kevan.

Not to say that anyone would intentionally install a lowering or leveling system wrong on purpose. But wouldn't the ability of the installer play a role in the safety of a lowering system?

I ask this because I have a neighbor that uses his elbow as a torque wrench and hardly ever follows the installation procedures and then bitches cuz stuff isn't right (again not saying anyone here)

ViperJeff said:
Fair enough....

Not to say that anyone would intentionally install a lowering or leveling system wrong on purpose. But wouldn't the ability of the installer play a role in the safety of a lowering system?

I ask this because I have a neighbor that uses his elbow as a torque wrench and hardly ever follows the installation procedures and then bitches cuz stuff isn't right (again not saying anyone here)
Holy crap!
Answering that new question will get me banned faster than answering the lowering block questions!!!!!

OK...

Fair enough and I sure as hell don't want to see anyone get the boot

Thanks Kevan

ViperJeff said:
Fair enough....

Jeff, I could be out in left field, and if I am, I know someone will step in here and let me know that ;) :D Anyone can install the kit (even if they torque it with their elbow ;) )

But I do believe the reason for the properly engineered blocks that Kevan is referring to has more to do with designing a lowering block that adjusts for pinon angle after installation (which topic has been previously discussed in other threads) rather than whether or not it will sit level after the lowering kit is installed (as some have made reference to).

If the pinon angle isn't adjusted for, it could eventualy lead to U-joint, pinon bearing or driveshaft failures which could (and I say could) lead to an accident or damage to the vehicle.

A very basic example:

if the lowering block is 2" at the front and 2" at the rear it would not adjust for pinon angle after installation of the new blocks. However, if the block has been pre designed (in this case based on an SRT-10 regular cab truck) to adjust for the angle, it would eliminate the need to add wedges to accommodate for the difference in angles after installation.

I remember a previous vendor making mention that his kit did not adjust for this difference in the angle. I think he also mentioned wedges could be added to adjust for the pinon angle issue that seemed to be coming up when people installed the kit. I am not quoting this, I just believe I remember reading it.

I'm obviously no expert in any of the technical areas, but I do recall many a discussion about pinon angles and wedging the blocks to adjust for it.

just get yourself a 350 lbs girlfreind to sit on passenger side and BANG your level ,,lol:D :D :D :D :D :D

Wifey said:
Jeff, I could be out in left field, and if I am, I know someone will step in here and let me know that ;) :D Anyone can install the kit (even if they torque it with their elbow ;) )

But I do believe the reason for the properly engineered blocks that Kevan is referring to has more to do with designing a lowering block that adjusts for pinon angle after installation (which topic has been previously discussed in other threads) rather than whether or not it will sit level after the lowering kit is installed (as some have made reference to).

If the pinon angle isn't adjusted for, it could eventualy lead to U-joint, pinon bearing or driveshaft failures which could (and I say could) lead to an accident or damage to the vehicle.

A very basic example:

if the lowering block is 2" at the front and 2" at the rear it would not adjust for pinon angle after installation of the new blocks. However, if the block has been pre designed (in this case based on an SRT-10 regular cab truck) to adjust for the angle, it would eliminate the need to add wedges to accommodate for the difference in angles after installation.

I remember a previous vendor making mention that his kit did not adjust for this difference in the angle. I think he also mentioned wedges could be added to adjust for the pinon angle issue that seemed to be coming up when people installed the kit. I am not quoting this, I just believe I remember reading it.

I'm obviously no expert in any of the technical areas, but I do recall many a discussion about pinon angles and wedging the blocks to adjust for it.

:congrats:All right WIFEY!!! Let's me know I don't know jack..

I was only asking the question....because I don't know.

And if was were to invest in a system, I might need the help of someone more capable. QC's seems to have a bit more issues and require welding....Yikes

But I do agree with Roy(from another thread). We should always be carefull when using the word "All" or "None"

Wifey said:

A very basic example:

you mean to tell me after all the lowering kits manufactured out there, and all the kits sold, this guy is the first to think of this.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back