Reply To Jack Re: Lowering Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
tone said:
you mean to tell me after all the lowering kits manufactured out there, and all the kits sold, this guy is the first to think of this.:confused:
"This guy" has over 4500 posts here; more than 90% of them technical, helping other members, and solely organizing the largest GTG in VTCOA history.

Kevan said:
"This guy" has over 4500 posts here; more than 90% of them technical, helping other members, and solely organizing the largest GTG in VTCOA history.

hey brotha listen, im not doughting your technical ability, im questioning why nobody else has thought of this that manufactures drop kits? my demeanor is questioning, not hostile, dont confuse it please.

tone said:
you mean to tell me after all the lowering kits manufactured out there, and all the kits sold, this guy is the first to think of this.:confused:
Yes, I think he is the first guy to think of it specifically for our trucks, which is the SRT-10 regular cab. As he stated in his post, this application will not apply to a standard Ram 1500 truck or any other vehicle. It is not a generic application (over the years it has been our experience you can take all these different size blocks and one size fits nothing) they are universal in application and require adjustments after installation with weges, etc. to reacquire the proper drive shaft pinion angle.

Just as with the quad cabs (which had major problems with pinon angles) each vehicle had to be individually checked and adjusted with wedges, transmission mount shims, etc, to get the proper geometry back in the drive shaft/pinon angles. Due to all the variables of each vehicle and application, such as different lowering kit heights, front/rear etc. each application is unique.

I believe what is going on here is a block being designed for one application, with each block properly machined for the proper pinon angle depending on the desired drop. The pinon angle does change every time you lower the vehicle farther and if not done correctly could lead to catastrophic failure. To me this is of major importance - SAFETY FIRST.

This is also why I have a GenX shifter - it is a matter of safety, it gets into gear when I need it, every time. A matter of safety and not bling and not a matter of mine is better than yours, etc . ..........

Just my .99 :D

tone said:
hey brotha listen, im not doughting your technical ability, im questioning why nobody else has thought of this that manufactures drop kits? my demeanor is questioning, not hostile, dont confuse it please.
You used "this guy" in a couple of other threads, so please understand my post.

I don't know why everyone thinks I'm pissed off.
Incredibly disappointed, but certainly not pissed.

Wifey said:
Yes, I think he is the first guy to think of it specifically for our trucks, which is the SRT-10 regular cab. As he stated in his post, this application will not apply to a standard Ram 1500 truck or any other vehicle. It is not a generic application (over the years it has been our experience you can take all these different size blocks and one size fits nothing) they are universal in application and require adjustments after installation with weges, etc. to reacquire the proper drive shaft pinion angle.

Just as with the quad cabs (which had major problems with pinon angles) each vehicle had to be individually checked and adjusted with wedges, transmission mount shims, etc, to get the proper geometry back in the drive shaft/pinon angles. Due to all the variables of each vehicle and application, such as different lowering kit heights, front/rear etc. each application is unique.

I believe what is going on here is a block being designed for one application, with each block properly machined for the proper pinon angle depending on the desired drop. The pinon angle does change every time you lower the vehicle farther and if not done correctly could lead to catastrophic failure. To me this is of major importance - SAFETY FIRST.

This is also why I have a GenX shifter - it is a matter of safety, it gets into gear when I need it, every time. A matter of safety and not bling and not a matter of mine is better than yours, etc . ..........

Just my .99 :D

thank you wifey for explaining it to me:) , i just figured KEVAN could explain the technicalities of his product to me himself.:dontknow:

tone said:
thank you wifey for explaining it to me:) , i just figured KEVAN could explain the technicalities of his product to me himself.:dontknow:
As I said earlier, I'm not allowed to talk about it or I will be suspended/banned.
Sorry man.

tone said:

You'll need to do that on the phone it appears:eek:

tone said:
See his post #30 ................

Here are some pages from the factory shop manual with the correct angles ...

One thing I firmly believe is that everyone should should this modification (a manual) :D :D :D

I'm just a dumb chick but I can read a book ;) :D

Attachments

• Pinon Angle.jpg
    Pinon Angle.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Pinon Angle 001.jpg
    Pinon Angle 001.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Pinon Angle 002.jpg
    Pinon Angle 002.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 58
I try to avoid technical threads anylonger, usually because I get into arguements with people that .......

Well I will just leave it at that.

In my experiences with Kevan I have found him to be a perfectionist. I can admire that, as I tend to have the same affliction.

Pinion angles on the RC's were discussed on the NFFF site, long before this site came into being. So Kevan is not the first to think about it. I took some measurements from my truck and ran the numbers and the angle deviation from lowering blocks ain't shit. "..ain't shit" is a technical term there folks.

Kevan appears to be addressing another technical issue that I neither experienced, or looked at. Nor will I comment on it, as I do not have the data to support an arguement one way or the other.

Well this ended up being a little bit longer than I started out to write. Was only going to address the "pinion angle" issue and got carried away.

Let the fun continue.

Wifey said:
See his post #30 ................

Here are some pages from the factory shop manual with the correct angles ...

One thing I firmly believe is that everyone should should this modification (a manual) :D :D :D

I'm just a dumb chick but I can read a book ;) :D

Good post sweetheart.:congrats: I would be surprised if 50% of the members really knew what "Pinion Angle" was prior to your post.:rock:

Silverback said:
Good post sweetheart.:congrats: I would be surprised if 50% of the members really knew what "Pinion Angle" was prior to your post.:rock:

Thanks dad, you taught me well ;)

I'm not sure of Kevan's complete concept but my uneducated guess was that it was about pinon angle - other than that, got me :D

Hope you are well, and it's good to hear from you :rock:

Now, back to my kitchen :eek: :eek: :D

Well I have listened to enough BS today to last me a lifetime.

Kevan some months ago you posted that you were not going to be involved with the VTCOA.

Well bud I think it would be a good idea if you stuck with that thought.

You have come on here and not acomplished anything productive.

Bad mouthed ALL vendors that supplied lowering kits as supplying an inferior product.

Ignored our vendor and group buy rules which you are aware of.

Guaging interest in offering a group buy without administrator knowledge or approval.

And generally been a pain in the A$$.

So I am closing this thread, I also and hope that nobody brings it up again, as they will get a "vacation".

Kevin, this means you..........and anybody else that is a pain in the A$$.

You know who you are...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back