Residential HVAC Upgrade

FastRam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like I'm in need of new HVAC systems for my residence. I have a two zone setup, gas furnaces, and AC units. Both are 12 years old and the second zone AC system is all but failed -- barely made it through the summer. I've been looking at Trane, Carrier and Lennox systems. Anybody have any comments, hates/loves, experience with these manufacturers (or others)?

stay away from goodman...

york is a great system but pricey...

of your 3 those are good bets... trane seems to be a little overpriced.

check the warranty... sometimes you can haggle... some are 5 year/2 year...etc... but they've got a lot of fine print.

you should be able to get into a 10 year warranty for ALL parts... i'd use that as my bargaining tool...

Thanks, I have Goodman systems now. Not even considering them...

I just bought a Trane a year ago and love it. My electric bill went down by $60 a month.

I just bought a Trane a year ago and love it. My electric bill went down by $60 a month.

Yup. Just installed a 16 SEER TRane and my bill has dropped an average of $80 a month.

As and ex AC guy I would go with any of the 3 you listed. Lennox being first. Trane is made right down the road from me and is a great system as well. You WILL pay more for the higher SEER rating which is how efficient it is with energy. Goodman/Janitrol suck balls. Used to call them Junkitrol! Good for side jobs though,lol.:D

As and ex AC guy I would go with any of the 3 you listed. Lennox being first. Trane is made right down the road from me and is a great system as well. You WILL pay more for the higher SEER rating which is how efficient it is with energy. Goodman/Janitrol suck balls. Used to call them Junkitrol! Good for side jobs though,lol.:D

I'm narrowing it down to Trane and Lennox. Goodman, nah. Janitrol? Never heard of them. One thing I don't like about the Goodman systems I have is they don't put or place their nameplate in a prominent spot on their systems. You have to tear into the equipment to find out who made the thing. That spells volumes to me...have pride in what you offer and put your name on it so that people can see it.

every goodman unit i've seen has the name plainly on the side... maybe it fell off:D

but it's wintertime... so i'm gonna go with blue moon winter abbey ale... i think it's my favorite winter brew;)

you are an ex everything...nothing you havent done just ask yourself

every goodman unit i've seen has the name plainly on the side... maybe it fell off:D

but it's wintertime... so i'm gonna go with blue moon winter abbey ale... i think it's my favorite winter brew;)

I would say (or expect) the same thing -- maybe the elmers glue holding the plate failed...:D

Bring your tool belt and favorite mug, I'll have a SRT-10 truck load on ice :rock:

you are an ex everything...nothing you havent done just ask yourself

Yeah, I'm a regular Jack Off All Trades!;) Thankfully I have the type of brain the loves to learn something new daily. Kinda like a computer, what I think is important gets saved in my files upstairs. The rest is deleted:eek: I'm hell remembering names though,lol:marchmellow: I did A/C for 3 years with Lennox, and for side jobs we used Goodman ( AKA Janitrol) POS. I can teach you to paint like glass, airbrush, fix your washer/dryer/dishwasher, garage door openers, estimate your vehicle for repairs, rebuild a GM 10 bolt, Ford 9 Inch, GM 12 bolt, and someday soon, a DANA Super 60 I'm sure, lol.

If they can build it, bet your ass I'll figure out how to take it apart, what makes what tick, then put it back together better than the factory often times.

Also have a degree in Criminal Justice.;) as well as Automotive Collision Repair and Refinish.:dontknow:

Like I said, a regular Jack Off All Trades:D

whichcamefirst_fullpic_artwork.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back