resonation- how do i fix this?

It would seem much EASIER to put resonators/mufflers in FRONT of the MagnaFlow rather than behind.Seems that where ever they are installed they help.Also would make it easier to sell the MagnaFlow catback if it is was not modded.

I have a MagnaFlow muffler but no tail pipes (from Bone and Taliban Dan).I really want to put it on,but I am waiting to see what REALLY works for removing resonance in the cab.I also am not sure how nice my muffler shop can make a set of tail pipes look.

Lots of good info here.

HOT RAM said:
It would seem much EASIER to put resonators/mufflers in FRONT of the MagnaFlow rather than behind.Seems that where ever they are installed they help.Also would make it easier to sell the MagnaFlow catback if it is was not modded.

I have a MagnaFlow muffler but no tail pipes (from Bone and Taliban Dan).I really want to put it on,but I am waiting to see what REALLY works for removing resonance in the cab.I also am not sure how nice my muffler shop can make a set of tail pipes look.

Lots of good info here.

The "in front of" location did two things for me...one intentional, it was a lot easier to do...and the second...if a law enforcement officer looks under the vehicle for some reason...if kinda looks like there are two high flow cats there...

Roy

SRT-MIKE said:
Are you positive about the "H" improving the sound? If it makes a big difference I'm taking it to the shop this week!
Yep ive have had an x-pipe since two weeks after installing my headers & mid pipes it does make a big difference in sound & resonation.

For those of you that went with the magnaflow resonator, do you happen to have a part number or where you purchased them from?

There are three different ones (sizes I think)...any shop that handles the mufflers will have the resonators.

ANYONE GOT PIC'S OF THE X PIPE SETUP OR ANY OTHER RESONATOR SET-UP- I AM SURE IAM NOT THE ONLY PERSON WITH THIS PROBLEM :)

Here are pics of mine...(RC)

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

Try this...

I've tried most everything to achieve a better sound...
Here's the ticket... in my opinion anyways...
install hi flow front cats, or not, did'nt change sound much if any, and delete the rears...
Take a flowmaster 40 series, single in and out..
cut in and flange another in and out...WOW!!! Great sound, I mean really a tuff V-10 aggressive sound.. almost Lambo...with low resonance at any speed. Seriously, I like it so much, I did the same on my 2000 RT 10...
So far, the best I've heard...
Hope this helps.... Let me know if you try it... Lates....

RUFROZN said:
Without going to a cat mid set up- how can i stay with my cat-less mids but cut down the resonation at freeway speeds? its not bad up front -but in the back seat its loud & the revirberation is terrible- any answers-Thanks

There is resonance at 65 to 75 after I deleted my rear cats:dontknow: I love the sound though.

They are Magnaflow resonators, I think the part number is 210416.

They are in front of the muffler...much easier to install in front of the muffler. There is precious little straight pipe after the muffler.

Prof said:
They are Magnaflow resonators, I think the part number is 210416.

They are in front of the muffler...much easier to install in front of the muffler. There is precious little straight pipe after the muffler.
thanks prof- i will give these a try- i will let you know what happens!

The plumbing in the QC is a bit different and not so sure Prof's setup would work at least in my case. With the Belanger long tubes and high flow mids the driver side pipe sweeps 90* back towards the passenger side and installing the 4" resonators is going to be a pita if it's even possible at all. There is not much clearance and both pipes run close to eack other most of the way back. 3" glasspack resonators with a 2.5" core may be my only option without getting too creative.

Prof, are your midpipes custom bent or kit from the headers to the catback? I haven't had the chance to see the underside of an RC yet.

I figured as much. I'd rather not chop up and work in some new bends on the Belangers mids just to run the Magnaflow resonators UNLESS the Magnaflow resonators are that much better than the glasspack resonators :dontknow: Anyone have any opinions between the two? The glasspack resonators I can weld up easy enough on the cab extension between the mid pipes and the cat-back. That piece is only 2.5" anyways so the 2.5 core on the glasspacks would compliment.

Calling all QC owners, where did you install your resonators? Or does everyone with resonators drive a RC :dontknow:

I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 15873. Also some of the forum sponsors selling magnaflow usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back