Reverse racism..

Yes, it's filled with grumpy white people who are generally most unhelpful.

This thread has potential to lead to good discussion. But, I am still not clear on what it is that we are discussing?

I believe it is like reverse discrimination, Hiring for color not qualifications. :(

I believe it is like reverse discrimination, Hiring for color not qualifications. :(

Yes, and in some cases it has gotten so extreme that places will not hire a white person. Hence the thread title, reverse racism. We have debated this issue in class a few times, and every single time it almost turned into a fight. Here in South Carolina, racism is alive and well, on both parts. Its a shame when you get thrown right into the middle of it, but I refuse to choose sides or whatever. I dont see color when I look at a person, I see a person. People should be hired for qualifications…period.

Really? Seems like everybody else but you seemed to be able to pick up what I was putting down, homie. :dontknow: Maybe you just havent had to deal with this. Which is a good thing.

I got all that. BUT, none of that is "White Backlash". That is merely discrimination against whites, for the sake of not discriminating against anyone else. Wasn't your original post trying to address white backlash, or are we discussing progressive discrimination?

I got all that. BUT, none of that is "White Backlash". That is merely discrimination against whites, for the sake of not discriminating against anyone else. Wasn't your original post trying to address white backlash, or are we discussing progressive discrimination?

They discriminate against us bc we aren't whiny babies and we man up and take it. :D

You are free to discuss whatever you want. White backlash is basically white people getting pissed that they can no longer get jobs because the jobs have been taken by ethnic minorities due to anti discrimination laws. I might have confused some people earlier, but I was trying to paint a picture of the causes of backlash from a personal experience.

mmm Mongolian goat head soup and a big glass of chocolate goat milk ,and a toothless Mongolian woman on a cold winter night . Man them were the days :(

Last edited:
I believe this 'white discrimination' you all are referring to, is called Affirmative Action by the companies that practice it - which for the record, I am vehemently opposed to. IMHO people should be promoted or given opportunity based on their talent, performance and ability. Seniority should be the tie breaker. End of story!

Affirmative Action programs are constantly challenged in our courts. Unfortunately, such programs are often upheld by the courts. Many colleges (Harvard included) practice Affirmative Action in deciding which college applicants they will accept.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back