Review-Venom Series Shifter

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America - Geodriller's Album: JTSVP Venom Series Shifter

I just purchased my second RC and have had it for 4 days now. On another thread i briefly talked about my infatuation with this shifter. But the more i drive this truck the more i like it, and i thought the review should have its own thread.

Im a bargain shopper, i like deals. Quality is important to me. Nearly everything i buy i look it up online and find the cheapest place to purchase it from, and i buy it there. Why pay more for the same quality product? Alot of times if i want a part for my truck, and a vendor on here has the part for more money, i will extend the offer and ask them to teach me what makes there product or their service better than joe blow for 15% cheaper. If im convinced, done deal. So far i have not had to shop anywhere but our vendor section.

Stinkers shifter is bar none, the best i have ever used. Its like a hammer hitting an anvil. When in gear the shifter is so solid it feels welded to the transmission. No flex at all. The path the shifter travels from gear to gear, is like there is a perfecly machined, close tolerance channel, that the handle rides through. Straight up from second, the shifter finds third like it changed places with first. You cant miss your shift. Its no jerky zig zag to get to it, its straight up. Downshifts the shifter instictively rights itself to go into the gear you want. Its as smooth as a well oiled slide on a glock 19. The height is adjusted perfectly with the console. Eddie from proimaging laid some sick carbon look on the handle and it goes well with the nightrunner theme. There is a "fangs" logo laser engraved on the shifter ball.

I cant say enough about the quality and effort put into making this shifter better than the bakers dozen of shifters offered for this truck. I love it and would suggest it to anyone looking to improve the eye candy inside cab, or is tired of missing third, cant find reverse, and is tired of the rubbery feel of the stock hurst.

Great job Stink

Last edited:
Anyone using the venom shifter who had previously used the xmetal gen x? Reviews/comparisons?

shifter comparison
1000hpodyssey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I have bought and used an OEM shifter, X metal first generation shifter, X metal last generation shifter and a JTSVP shifter, I thought I would take some pics side by side for comparison. I also weighed them all. The JTSVP shifter weighed 1/2 pound more than all of the others.

The X metal first generation shifted better than than the OEM, but it was very, very noisy transmitting a lot of harmonic transmission noise through the aluminum handle into the cab.

The X metal last generation was a big improvement on noise reduction over the first generation, and also shifted very well with the upgraded internals added by Boomer. He used some pretty beefy springs to try to get the shifter to center on third gear which it did pretty well.

The JTSVP shifter is by far the most substantial shifter by weight. This alone decreases the harmonic transfer of transmission noise into the cab. The extra weight combined with using a steel shifter shaft (rather than aluminum) is what makes it very quiet. The set screws to adjust shift tightness and centering over third is also a big improvement over anything I have seen on the market. Stinker also nailed the exact curvature of the OEM handle stem coming out of the shifter. It is also an attractive shifter with a great deal of attention to every detail. I used the lowest setting and it centers over third perfectly with a very short throw from second to third. Adjusted properly this thing wants to go into third from second.

Currently, the JTSVP shifter is selling for 1/2 of what I paid for each of the X metal shifters. This thing is an absolute steal at this price. Well done Tony.
Attached Thumbnails

i personally roe'ed through the gears in Jeff's truck aswell. and he hit it spot on. not only is it bar none the coolest looking shifter out there. it shifts like a dream. it is not even comparable to the stock sgifter. all new level.

great work from a great Vendor

thanks sstink

Good review, I agree with everything you said.

I love the feel and the adjustability of the JTSVP shifter; Tony's always done me right on my other mods too.:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back