REWARD!!! RB1+UConnect+iPod Setup

Kevan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm so tired of searching, only to find some M.I.C. piece of crap that I have to return because it doesn't even come close to working properly.

So, I'm offering a reward.
I won't be a bar of gold or anything like that, but it will be cash-money.

SUBJECTS:
- RB1 head unit (AI version)
- Factory-installed UConnect
- Ipod Touch

CRITERIA:
- iPod adapter that works with the Chrysler RB1 head unit ***and*** the UConnect handsfree system.
- NOT the Mopar iPod Integration system ( p/n# 82209616A(x) ).
- Must have BLACK iPod connection cable and plug.
- Must charge the iPod.
- Must work on the first try. No hot-wiring. No guessing. No "their website says...".

I may add criteria as many of these adapter companies never cease to amaze me in regards to their outlandish claims, false promises and immense ineptitude.

Thanks everyone.

Oh no... another "Help me find a (watch)" thread! :argh: :argh: :argh:

LMAO! :marchmellow:

Good to see you again, Kev. I know there aren't too many integration kits that CHARGE your iPod. Have you looked at some of the stuff from Alpine or JL Audio? :confused:

Kevan, to meet your requirement I think (and I could be wrong) you would have to have one of the REC radio heads.

What problems have you had with the Mopar Ipod integration kit? I have it on my 06 with the stock radio (in-dash 6cd chager with nav), it charges the ipod, displays the song on the radio and I can use my steering wheel controls for it too.

BlackKnight said:
What problems have you had with the Mopar Ipod integration kit? I have it on my 06 with the stock radio (in-dash 6cd chager with nav), it charges the ipod, displays the song on the radio and I can use my steering wheel controls for it too.
But do you have the factory-installed UConnect?
(Guessing, but I think you have the REC HU in your '06, which is a CANBUS connection and considerably different than the RB1/RB4/RBK/RBQ)

TheMoparConnection said:
whats wrong with the mopar integration p/n 82209616AC and newer?
Only comes with a white cable.

IIRC, you can't use UConnect with the Mopar kit.
Or it was something like a $400 Y-cable (puff-puff-pass).

Kevan said:
But do you have the factory-installed UConnect?
(Guessing, but I think you have the REC HU in your '06, which is a CANBUS connection and considerably different than the RB1/RB4/RBK/RBQ)

Only comes with a white cable.

IIRC, you can't use UConnect with the Mopar kit.
Or it was something like a $400 Y-cable (puff-puff-pass).

Yes I have the factory installed Uconnect but my cable is black.

RedSrt007 said:
hahahah, you dont mess around :p
As always, extremely insightful and helpful.
Thank you, Patrick.

BlackKnight said:
Yes I have the factory installed Uconnect but my cable is black.
So, you have UConnect, Mopar iPod Kit (with black cable)......and the REC head unit.

Don't know what the REC head unit is but mine is the stock 06 head unit that has the built-in 6-disc CD changer, navigation, uconnect.

Black Knight if it has the 4x5 (really rough estimate) lcd screen on it then yes you have the REC radio head.

Kevan, awesome to see you!

I have a requests, Ive wanted to ask you this for a long time now... I really want to know how you came to the decision of buying the Ram SRT10. No shit bud, I really want to know the process you went through to pull the trigger. Start a new thread if you like, I will keep it clean. The details in this decision must have been mind blowing...This is not a joke. I think allot of us could learn something from this, or at a minimum be very interesting.:rock:

Come on Kev...Humor me.:congrats:

i have the ipod intergration white cable works great but when motor is running i get a motor buzz in my sound suxs :mad:

RedSrt007 said:
Anytime ;)

P.S - I have a black cable Ipod connection :p
Yeah, but you don't have UConnect.
Or an SRT-10 for that matter.

Black1 said:
Nothing a little vinyl paint can't fix..... just clean the wire with TSP first. :eek:
An hour before you posted, I told Rachel, "Watch...some clown will post that I should paint the cable black." :D

The other problem with the Mopar Kit's cable is that it's designed to live in the glove box. It has a molded-in grommet, and then a short length of cable.
The iPod Touch (and iPhone) are much more versatile than regular iPods, so having them accessible is more necessity than desire.

ILtemprd said:
Kevan, awesome to see you!

I have a requests, Ive wanted to ask you this for a long time now... I really want to know how you came to the decision of buying the Ram SRT10. No shit bud, I really want to know the process you went through to pull the trigger. Start a new thread if you like, I will keep it clean. The details in this decision must have been mind blowing...This is not a joke. I think allot of us could learn something from this, or at a minimum be very interesting.:rock:

Come on Kev...Humor me.:congrats:
I can sense your mockery from here, Shawn.
I'm sorry you felt the need to do that. I thought you were one of the people I could count on from here.
Bummer.

I totally knew you were going to take it that way after a wrote it and I apologize. I really would like to know the research that brought you to getting this machine. If you don't want to do it, cool. Your attention to detail is what I was going for Kev. Sorry I offended you, I thought you may have been more honored than anything..If you do in fact know me you should have realized it. Disregard.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back