REWARD!!! RB1+UConnect+iPod Setup

I actually would really like for Kevan to do a write up of why he bought the SRT 10. You have a great way capturing all the details into a nice story.

I have a QC and have the cable coming out under the dash piece in front of where the cup holders are that way the ipod can rest within arms reach.

FerrariTruck said:
I actually would really like for Kevan to do a write up of why he bought the SRT 10. You have a great way capturing all the details into a nice story.
My attention to detail is what got me kicked off....oops...."told to leave"....this forum.
You want me to sign my own death warrant?

Try this on:
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1424

For years and years I always had at least one Kevan working for me. I held them very close, usually isolated them from other employees, and learned to depend on them totally for outstanding results.

I could hand that person a four inch deep contract and give specific directions to boil the contract down to two pages: one for strengths one for weaknesses. Two or three weeks later I would have a two page document that I would stake my corporate life upon.

Kevan is one of those very rare resources that can drill down into an issue in a way very few would ever think possible. It is a unique approach to problem solving that organizations cannot afford 99% of the time. We are taught and teach our subordinates to be rapid and approximate on a thousand things, it is the culture today.

It was always comforting to have one person that I could task to drill deep into a single issue no matter the degree of complexity. Were I a CEO again, I would pursue Kevan for just such a role in my organization.

And I think Shawn's question was totally straight forward...it is rare that we can overcome the prevailing concept of paralysis by analysis...Kevan is such a person.

You rock fella, and Rachel must be a Saint to stay with you!

Kevan said:
I'm so tired of searching, only to find some M.I.C. piece of crap that I have to return because it doesn't even come close to working properly.

So, I'm offering a reward.
I won't be a bar of gold or anything like that, but it will be cash-money.

SUBJECTS:
- RB1 head unit (AI version)
- Factory-installed UConnect
- Ipod Touch

CRITERIA:
- iPod adapter that works with the Chrysler RB1 head unit ***and*** the UConnect handsfree system.
- NOT the Mopar iPod Integration system ( p/n# 82209616A(x) ).
- Must have BLACK iPod connection cable and plug.
- Must charge the iPod.
- Must work on the first try. No hot-wiring. No guessing. No "their website says...".

I may add criteria as many of these adapter companies never cease to amaze me in regards to their outlandish claims, false promises and immense ineptitude.

Thanks everyone.

Not sure if it's what you are looking for, but when I bought my truck used, it had a Harmon Kardon Ipod connecter installed. It has a small external screen, along with a control panel. It has a black cable, and charges. I'm not real techno savy, so I don't know how it's hooked up. It looks like this: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://video.google.com/videoplay%3Fdocid%3D8923146357324710310&ei=mhDjSealHdmMnAepx82jCQ&sa=X&oi=video_result&resnum=5&ct=thumbnail&usg=AFQjCNFdaEIQGn09at3llOsmj75DomIePg

outnumbered said:
Not sure if it's what you are looking for, but when I bought my truck used, it had a Harmon Kardon Ipod connecter installed. It has a small external screen, along with a control panel. It has a black cable, and charges. I'm not real techno savy, so I don't know how it's hooked up. It looks like this: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://video.google.com/videoplay%3Fdocid%3D8923146357324710310&ei=mhDjSealHdmMnAepx82jCQ&sa=X&oi=video_result&resnum=5&ct=thumbnail&usg=AFQjCNFdaEIQGn09at3llOsmj75DomIePg
Thanks Outnumbered.
I didn't know you spoke Swedish! :D Broom-Broom Party Shtarter! :D

The HK unit you posted about is this one:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Nihek8jcx1l/p_108DP1US/Harman-Kardon-Drive-Play.html
Unfortunately it's a control for something that already has a control, and it's FM-bounded (plays through an FM freq. on your stereo).

(Thank you Roy!)

Come on folks, lets find a solution...I need this...and just want someone to give me the solution (maybe even put it in for me...Kevan...)

Kevan,
Good to see you on here...Hope you and Rachel are doing well..

Matt

Prof said:
Come on folks, lets find a solution...I need this...and just want someone to give me the solution (maybe even put it in for me...Kevan...)
Prof, I was trying to stay as stock looking as possible when I did my install. If you search the Music to my ears thread, There are pics. And a list of equipment. This is all compatible with my I - phone, And steering wheel controls. I hope this helps.

JRSVIPR said:
Prof, I was trying to stay as stock looking as possible when I did my install. If you search the Music to my ears thread, There are pics. And a list of equipment. This is all compatible with my I - phone, And steering wheel controls. I hope this helps.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30638&highlight=Music+ears

Looks like the ticket.... Kevan would have to change out head units, but it would be for the better anyway. :rock:

I have confidence that Kevan will come up with the perfect solution if he has to create a hybrid to get all of his criteria included.

I think I will just sit back, get some pop corn and wait for his final approval on something...

Prof said:
For years and years I always had at least one Kevan working for me. I held them very close, usually isolated them from other employees, and learned to depend on them totally for outstanding results.

I could hand that person a four inch deep contract and give specific directions to boil the contract down to two pages: one for strengths one for weaknesses. Two or three weeks later I would have a two page document that I would stake my corporate life upon.

Kevan is one of those very rare resources that can drill down into an issue in a way very few would ever think possible. It is a unique approach to problem solving that organizations cannot afford 99% of the time. We are taught and teach our subordinates to be rapid and approximate on a thousand things, it is the culture today.

It was always comforting to have one person that I could task to drill deep into a single issue no matter the degree of complexity. Were I a CEO again, I would pursue Kevan for just such a role in my organization.

And I think Shawn's question was totally straight forward...it is rare that we can overcome the prevailing concept of paralysis by analysis...Kevan is such a person.

You rock fella, and Rachel must be a Saint to stay with you!
:dito: :dito: :dito: All is right in the world now, Kevan is posting again!!! :rock: I think I would faint if Sickness showed up:p

JRSVIPR said:
Black1 said:
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30638&highlight=Music+ears

Looks like the ticket.... Kevan would have to change out head units, but it would be for the better anyway. :rock:
  • Pioneer AVIC D3 Double Din DVD Nav.
  • Pioneer CD 1200 IPOD Direct cable.
  • Pioneer Bluetooth Wireless Adapter
  • Steering wheel remote interface
Great looking setup, and I'm sure it works great, but:
AVIC D3 = $700. (for a refurb'd one)
iPod cable = $35.
Bluetooth Adapter = $140.
Steering wheel controls= $100.
That's almost $1K, plus I'd have to shred the dash, and get a new console face.

Thanks though.

joemags54 said:
:dito: :dito: :dito: All is right in the world now, Kevan is posting again!!! :rock: I think I would faint if Sickness showed up:p
Sorry Joe and Roy.
I'm only here because the Jeep, Charger, Magnum, 300C, Challenger and Viper guys didn't have any answers either.

Kevan said:
  • Pioneer AVIC D3 Double Din DVD Nav.
  • Pioneer CD 1200 IPOD Direct cable.
  • Pioneer Bluetooth Wireless Adapter
  • Steering wheel remote interface
Great looking setup, and I'm sure it works great, but:
AVIC D3 = $700. (for a refurb'd one)
iPod cable = $35.
Bluetooth Adapter = $140.
Steering wheel controls= $100.
That's almost $1K, plus I'd have to shred the dash, and get a new console face.

Thanks though.

You didn't mention ANYTHING about a price cap? :confused: :dontknow:

:D :D :D

It's pretty amazing, how the prices on double-din DVD/NAV units have gone down in the last 2 years. :marchmellow: I spent $1400 on my Eclipse h/u. :dontknow: :eek: :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back