ROD SIZE?

perk_1405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there any way to find out what rod size i have without having to wait until its torn apart? im trying to get all my parts together so when it gets torn down it can go right back together. i was told when i tried to order pistons that there were three size rods.. is that true? would only 2 or 3 thousands different do anything to the performance aspect of my engine? did they use three different sizes in the 04 model? i need help

SrtBrad said:
As far as I can recall there is not 3 different rod sizes for our trucks. I believe they are all the same from 04 - 06.

well stinker dosnt know and aarow is where im getting my block and pistons and the block plate honed and they said there are three different sizes and they cant order the pistons till i find out which ones i have.. it dosnt look like they would mix up rod sizes in the same year models.. but we are talking about dodge so who knows.

Borden's SRT said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

sorry steve. im just pissed about all this. im trying to get my truck back on the road. some one has to know if dodge put three different rod sizes in the 2004 models

perk_1405 said:
sorry steve. im just pissed about all this. im trying to get my truck back on the road. some one has to know if dodge put three different rod sizes in the 2004 models

Are you sure he said rod, or rod BEARING size. I remember reading some where that on the factory engine assembly line the had a +rod bearing, a 0 rod bearing, and a -, rod bearing to account for planned manufacturing slop.:dontknow:

they said there were three sizes. some thing like 6.221, 6.225, 6.???
would this small amount make a difference?

Your dealer should be able to pull up the correct rod by using your SN....have parts dept cross reference with an 05 & 06...if all 3 use the same part # then............

TNVIPER said:
Your dealer should be able to pull up the correct rod by using your SN....have parts dept cross reference with an 05 & 06...if all 3 use the same part # then............

im going to call the dodge dealer ship on monday to do this verry thing. thanks for thr input TNVIPER

but tony said he already ordered my rods, he was susposed to be getting back to me but i havent herd from him. i wonder which ones he ordered?

how about you guys that have forged internals, do any of you know or could find out what size you have? just to see if there are different sizes, this might help.

perk_1405 said:
how about you guys that have forged internals, do any of you know or could find out what size you have? just to see if there are different sizes, this might help.

Careful, Do not ask Roy about sizes of rods:D his whole thought process is jaded when it involves rods:D :D :p ;) :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back