ROE SCT Tuner - $250

MRXSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to sell my SCT Tuner. It is unlocked (I returned the truck to its stock tune) and has three normal aspiration tunes from ROE. The truck was basically stock '05 Quad Cab and the tunes were built for standard premium gas.

I can post photos, but I think everyone knows what these look like. I'll gladly discuss shipping with any interested parties.

PM me if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Mark

I'm kinda a noob when it comes to these but what all tunes come on it? i'm kinda interested i have a stock quad

I'm kinda a noob when it comes to these but what all tunes come on it? i'm kinda interested i have a stock quad

The quad cabs benefit the most from these tunes. It brings your torque converter in more quickly so you can launch better. These tunes also bring your operating temp down - to get the full benefit you should install a 170 thermostat but you don't have to.

I don't have all of the specs but Roe included a low (91), medium (93), and high octane tunes on this tuner.

Just to be absolutely clear -- this tuner and tunes will only work on the 2005 quad cab.

Ironhead - thanks for covering the question about returning my truck to the stock tune.:rock:

Anyone have info as to how Roes tunes compare with Torries?

I'm not sure how they match-up.

I went with the Roe unit because of his experience with the Viper cars and his work on safe tunes for the forced induction trucks.

In the early days of this forum, there were quite a few guys that popped the #3 cylinder if they went with aggressive tunes without forging the bottom end of the motor. My thought was that if I ever won the lottery, I'd buy a Roe supercharger and have Sean send me some tunes for it.

I don't know Torrie's background, but I have seen quite a few folks that are very pleased with his work. I'm sure he could set this SCT up with some tunes for you, but the programmed tunes make up a big part of the cost of the SCT. Therefore in your case, you would probably pay as much to have Torrie's tunes as I am asking for my SCT.

I hope this helps.

I'm not sure how they match-up.

I went with the Roe unit because of his experience with the Viper cars and his work on safe tunes for the forced induction trucks.

In the early days of this forum, there were quite a few guys that popped the #3 cylinder if they went with aggressive tunes without forging the bottom end of the motor. My thought was that if I ever won the lottery, I'd buy a Roe supercharger and have Sean send me some tunes for it.

I don't know Torrie's background, but I have seen quite a few folks that are very pleased with his work. I'm sure he could set this SCT up with some tunes for you, but the programmed tunes make up a big part of the cost of the SCT. Therefore in your case, you would probably pay as much to have Torrie's tunes as I am asking for my SCT.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

I bought an SCT through Torrie and just from reading around here there are a few different tuners that seem to be popular, but haven't come across much for comparison. It's probably safe to assume that for stock(ish) trucks, tunes will be pretty similar on the conservative side.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back