Roe vs Paxton For A Daily Driver

prattiare

Reaction score
I am considering installing either a Roe system or Paxton system on a daily driven 05 Quad Cab. My truck is my grocery getter. Truck could be on the interstate for 500 miles stretch at times or sitting in rush hour traffic. Has anyone run either system over long periods of time in these kind of conditions and had problems. ??? Would love the extra power, could do without breakdowns.

Usually your not running any boost at highway speeds. I've done a few hour to two hour trips (one way) to some local car shows and back home. Cruising at 65-70 mph in 6th gear doesnt use any boost so in effect your not stressing any parts or pushing any boost. No breakdowns from highway cruising.

You need to ask yourself if you like top end speed(paxton) or stop light to stop light speed(Roe).

Disclaimer: I am not stating you should go excessively fast from stop light to Stop light!!:p

Along with the keys to the Truck, you'll have to pry the PAXTON from my cold dead hand.......

Just remember, it all depends who installs and tunes her....

Thank You Chris Jensen/dcperformance,
Quick

Last edited:
As far as I have seen all the roe is good for is smoking the tires....

Marc T said:
Well you may be right! But I have a hell of alot of shit grinning fun smokin them tires!!:D ;)
...all I have to do is dump the clutch and I can do the same thing.

...mama I wana go fast! - ricky bobby

QuickSilver said:
Along with the keys to the Truck, you'll have to pry the PAXTON from my cold dead hand.......

Just remember, it all depends who installs and tunes her....

Thank You Chris Jensen/dcperformance,
Quick

I AGREE WITH QUICK, DEPENDS ON WHO TUNES YOUR MONSTER?

BigRed460 said:
As far as I have seen all the roe is good for is smoking the tires....

I hear you talk all this trash about the Roe...coming to the Nationals? Let's take your trash talking machine and put it up against any Roe there and see how fast you clam up...get a blower then talk your shit.

I like the wild torque at the bottom end, so I went with the top-mount blower for my daily driven RC. With the Roe you'll feel the power really well from 1500rpm and all the way to the redline... Since most of my around-town driving is in the 1500 to 3500 rpm range, it is nice to have the boost anytime I need it.

From what I understand the performance boost of the Paxton comes at the top end, and you don't feel much difference at the bottom end, which is where most people do their daily driving.

As far as the Roe being only good for smoking tires: Sorry, totally untrue. You have to experience the feeling of stepping on the throttle at 2k or 3k rpm with a top mount blower. On a vehicle this size, it feels like you're tearing a gap in the time-space fabric.

As far as the tune goes, my supercharger still rips with the basic tune card from Roe (it is now professionally tuned.)

On cruse control,interstate speed at 80, I am turning 2500 RPM's. Remember it's an automatic. What kind of boost will either Roe or Paxton be pushing. What kind of sustained boost is bad for engine internals??

I'd like to have either one. The Roe looks to be easy to work on compared to the paxton. At least for changing spark plugs anyway.

prattiare said:
On cruse control,interstate speed at 80, I am turning 2500 RPM's. Remember it's an automatic. What kind of boost will either Roe or Paxton be pushing. What kind of sustained boost is bad for engine internals??

Zero boost at that speed and rpm. I think on stock internals the Roe guys are going around 5.5 psi or so.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Zero boost at that speed and rpm. I think on stock internals the Roe guys are going around 5.5 psi or so.

Maybe on the Paxton, the Roe makes lots of extra toque at 2500 rpm.

Just because the supercharger is spinning does not mean it is appying a certain amount of boost...someone might want to explain that better than I can. I think that is what he is thinking...in other words 3K in rpm doesn't necessarily mean 3PSI, so to speak...

Get over the pettiness.............

Gentlemen, this discussion is like which came first, the chicken or the egg.

Everyone has their opinion, some of these opinions are from knowledgeable people.

Some of these opinions are from folks that just barley know where to put the fuel in.

But everybody is an expert, just ask them.

I was in the high performance fuel injection and induction busines my entire life, untill I retired.
I don't find it necessary to defend or provoke a discussion that is meaningless, in the long run

My opinion is that both units are very good and will give you a good kick in the seat of the pants.

This discussion can go like all it's predicessors that have been started on the Roe vs the Paxton.
That is straight into the toilet, if personalities are not contained and the facts are not adhered to.

If you go to any NHRA race and watch Super Comp which runs on an 8.90 class index, you will see many types of cars and a few trucks. There is a myraid of engine combinations run to get the car down the track.
1 carburetor, multiple carburetors, fuel injection, 6 cyl engines, 8 cyl engines. SBC, BBC, BBF Hemi's, powerglides, Lenco's. turbo 400's.
Body styles are; dragster, roadster, door cars, ect, ect, ect.

The point is that there many ways to get to the finish line in 8.9 seconds.

There are also many ways to have fun with these trucks.
The key here is FUN, if you want to rain on somebodys parade, go to the alley or somewhere else.

I am sick of the on going discussion regarding one unit being better than the other. They are different and both have negatives and positives.

Both stand on their own merits, and my opinion will not make or break either company.

Remember the key thing is FUN, don't loose sight of that or you will wind up pissing on today.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back