Roe vs Paxton For A Daily Driver

prattiare said:
Thanks for all the reply's. I am not trying to create a argument for or against either product. Both are great and have their different strengths. What I am trying to figure out is which is better for the way I use my truck. I can't afford a new engine. Longevity is the issue with me. My truck is my company car. Boost levels at 3-5 hours of 2500 sustained RPM,s in 100 degree heat, only to come off the interstate and sit in traffic, shut down for 30 minutes, and do it all again. Is anyone currently using their truck this way with either system in place. Can someone say, yes I have this system and have had it for 1 year, 2 years, put twenty thousand, thirty thousand miles in your same driving conditions without any problems. THANKS!!!!!!!!

Driving at a sustained cruising 2500 RPM is not going to get you into boost with either supercharger system.

Both of these designs have been around for many years. They both are very reliable and mostly manitenance free. If you use the supplied electronics or tuning that comes with either unit you will have a long lived, reliable combination.

prattiare said:
Thanks for all the reply's. I am not trying to create a argument for or against either product. Both are great and have their different strengths. What I am trying to figure out is which is better for the way I use my truck. I can't afford a new engine. Longevity is the issue with me. My truck is my company car. Boost levels at 3-5 hours of 2500 sustained RPM,s in 100 degree heat, only to come off the interstate and sit in traffic, shut down for 30 minutes, and do it all again. Is anyone currently using their truck this way with either system in place. Can someone say, yes I have this system and have had it for 1 year, 2 years, put twenty thousand, thirty thousand miles in your same driving conditions without any problems. THANKS!!!!!!!!
She only has 18,000/miles on her, but she's flawless.
And that would-be supercharged miles...:rock: Thank You dcperformance!

She's been a turn-key, bundel of joy! :dancing:

Quick

In the past I have had vehicles with Turbos, Paxton style blowers, and a 6-71 roots style.

The only one I would not recomment for everyday driving on the street is the roots style.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING.

The Roe is not a Roots. It looks similar, but it's not. So do not take the above to mean that I'm saying the Roe is not for everyday driving.

FSTJACK said:
Driving at a sustained cruising 2500 RPM is not going to get you into boost with either supercharger system.

The dyno sheet on my Roe upgrade shows a significant increase in torque at 2500rpm over stock, so I respectfully disagree.

SRT-MIKE said:
The dyno sheet on my Roe upgrade shows a significant increase in torque at 2500rpm over stock, so I respectfully disagree.

What gear are you in on the dyno? I'm sure you arent in overdrive so like others have said your not generating boost at highway speeds until you mash the pedal and downshift. What kind of boost numbers are you showing at highway speeds with the cruise control on? I'm willing to bet its zero!

I show significant increases in torque as well but I'm also mashing the pedal in 4th gear for dyno pulls. I cruise the highway at 80 mph in 6th.

Last edited:
Silverback said:
In the past I have had vehicles with Turbos, Paxton style blowers, and a 6-71 roots style.

The only one I would not recomment for everyday driving on the street is the roots style.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING.

The Roe is not a Roots. It looks similar, but it's not. So do not take the above to mean that I'm saying the Roe is not for everyday driving.

Why not the roots style John?

Will

SRT-MIKE said:

Mike if you have the Roe system with the Methanol injection kit then you will know exactly when you are in "boost".

That little green light that comes on to tell you that Meth is being injected also gives you a very good indication that you are in "boost"... otherwise the Roe S/C is not in boost and Meth is not needed!

IMO either of these chargers are good for daily drivers.. i've met guys with 11,000 KM on a paxton and i've got 6500 KM on my Roe... so as to which is better, it really comes down to looks if your not going to go out and make an HP monster!

SRT-MIKE said:

When you are on the dyno are you at WIDE OPEN THROTTLE?

Yes you are, the light throttle required to cruise at anything under 100 + MPH does not get you into boost. Hence the torque number would be the same as normally aspirated.

FSTJACK said:
When you are on the dyno are you at WIDE OPEN THROTTLE?

Yes you are, the light throttle required to cruise at anything under 100 + MPH does not get you into boost. Hence the torque number would be the same as normally aspirated.

This is correct, I can be at 3500 RPMs cruising the highway and still not be in boost, so the gauge says. I believe It actually pulls more vacuum.

Marc T said:
This is correct, I can be at 3500 RPMs cruising the highway and still not be in boost, so the gauge says. I believe It actually pulls more vacuum.

Believe the gauge, it is not lying to you..................;)

Said it before....will say it again....:D

Find a tuner you trust close to you....and go with the system the they feel the best about....:rock:

Roe

nycstev said:
Hope I made the r(oe)ight choice:D

Dunno ab out the Paxton, but I'm tickled to death about the Roe. I still need to get it professionally tuned but it brings a smile to my face. I mean 650MRWT cant be too bad :)
Perry

WOOT!

+1 Jack and well said!

Perry

FSTJACK said:
Gentlemen, this discussion is like which came first, the chicken or the egg.

Everyone has their opinion, some of these opinions are from knowledgeable people.

Some of these opinions are from folks that just barley know where to put the fuel in.

But everybody is an expert, just ask them.

I was in the high performance fuel injection and induction busines my entire life, untill I retired.
I don't find it necessary to defend or provoke a discussion that is meaningless, in the long run

My opinion is that both units are very good and will give you a good kick in the seat of the pants.

This discussion can go like all it's predicessors that have been started on the Roe vs the Paxton.
That is straight into the toilet, if personalities are not contained and the facts are not adhered to.

If you go to any NHRA race and watch Super Comp which runs on an 8.90 class index, you will see many types of cars and a few trucks. There is a myraid of engine combinations run to get the car down the track.
1 carburetor, multiple carburetors, fuel injection, 6 cyl engines, 8 cyl engines. SBC, BBC, BBF Hemi's, powerglides, Lenco's. turbo 400's.
Body styles are; dragster, roadster, door cars, ect, ect, ect.

The point is that there many ways to get to the finish line in 8.9 seconds.

There are also many ways to have fun with these trucks.
The key here is FUN, if you want to rain on somebodys parade, go to the alley or somewhere else.

I am sick of the on going discussion regarding one unit being better than the other. They are different and both have negatives and positives.

Both stand on their own merits, and my opinion will not make or break either company.

Remember the key thing is FUN, don't loose sight of that or you will wind up pissing on today.

Inscrutable? Really?

Prof said:
I never mind people extolling the virtues of a product...but to dis a product that some people may be depending on for the lively hood without specific knowledge is less than responsible...these are expensive pieces of equipment...small businesses always have cash flow issues...the idea that some ill advised, unknowing, opinion, loosely stated might cause hardship for a small company to me is just wrong.

If you have never tried to continually make payroll, pay quarterly taxes, and manage the day to day drudgery of running a business you should try. The loss or even the delay of a $6000 check can make the difference between people have a job and not having one. I care about Roe Racing, DC Performance, JMB, Steve's start up, Mopar Connection, X-Metal and all the others...anyone of them will tell you that the loss of a $6000 sale at the wrong time could be terrible.

Nuff said. I apologize. I am now inscrutable again...

Every once in awhile I see a beam of light and you're scrutable bro LOL!
and yes, we need to be responsible for what we say. I try not to rate something negatively until I'm sure about the product. I guess the only thing I'm not wholly happy with was my B&B exhaust but it still rocks. But, yah being a greennie newb here, what you old timers state sways me bigtime in what I think about putting on my truck. i.e. B&B and Bassani. i went with the Billy Boat after the reviews I read, tires, caltracs, etc. So hopefully we get the truth here and not the attitudes. I know I sure try.
Thanks for the input,

'ol not near as green as I used to be,

Perry

I'm heading that way

prattiare said:

I've just had my s/c (Roe) put on (3 weeks) but, I drive my truck daily, about 15k of miles since thanksgiving. I drive it pretty much like you exampled and I'll be glad to keep ya informed but, as far as I can tell with the low level of boost the Roe is better in this application. Not as much stress on the motor. This will help the longevity. Wish I could help more but this hasnt had the test of time yet.

Perry

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back