Roe vs Paxton superchargers

SRT-MIKE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both systems have been around for a while, long enough to tell which one would outperform the other on the strip or the track.

So which one is the better performer on an otherwise stock truck?

Have any Roe guys raced any Paxton guys out there?

Both systems are awesome (I have the Roe), and I know the driver makes the difference, but still, doesn't anyone wonder how two differently supercharged RC's or QC's would perform against each other?

Owners of both systems here are very proud of what they got, and they should be, but very little has been posted about the differences or similarities in performance and how that pans out in competition.

My best friend owns a QC, he is impressed with my Roe setup, but also likes the Paxton. He wants to make a decision based on actual performance comparisions, but so far we have not found any. So as a favor to all of those contemplating a supercharger upgrade, lets post some actual performance histories, pluses, cons, and personal preferences based on real experience.

Thanks!

In a race situation I think all things being equal that the Paxson can and will produce more power that the Roe. I also think that if you are going to build a truck to race the Paxson is the way to go...

If you want a street solution that has huge power stop light to stop light, night after night I don't think that you could make a better choice than the Roe TMTS.

I think we will see some heads up competition at the Mopar Nationals. Very few Roe owners have huge builds...many Paxson owners do. Two different applications...but seriously fun to talk about...will we ever resolve the issue??? No, too many variables for a direct comparison.

Good point Prof. if i remember correctly the paxton is centerfugal and the roe is
roots style so in a sense the roe will make high torque low in the rpm range but
the paxton will out perform the roe at high rpms.. so paralleling what Prof had to say..

Paxton = strip, track
Roe = street, horsin around ;)

Any word on when Sean and Dave will come out with higher pullies?

Sharpi

Sharpimage said:
Good point Prof. if i remember correctly the paxton is centerfugal and the roe is
roots style so in a sense the roe will make high torque low in the rpm range but
the paxton will out perform the roe at high rpms.. so paralleling what Prof had to say..

Paxton = strip, track
Roe = street, horsin around ;)

Any word on when Sean and Dave will come out with higher pullies?

Sharpi

There will be 9 LB pulley going on an Arrow built motor soon!!:rock:

Marc T said:
There will be 9 LB pulley going on an Arrow built motor soon!!:rock:

Ted May Told Me Paxton's are High output. Roe's like Prof said are Just all Low end grunt.

Marc T said:
...9 LB pulley going on an Arrow built motor...

That is a little scary! Could be awesome...has anyone pushed a Roe over 9 lbs of boost? That's a 40% increase over mine! I don't think the hp increase is linear but it will be huge! It might well add 25 to 30 % over the normal 125 - 135 hp increase.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Prof said:
That is a little scary! Could be awesome...has anyone pushed a Roe over 9 lbs of boost? That's a 40% increase over mine! I don't think the hp increase is linear but it will be huge! It might well add 25 to 30 % over the normal 125 - 135 hp increase.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yepper!!:rock: Should be real interesting!!

Nowwhat said:
go with the one your local tuner wants to work on....

Boy isnt that the truth. No matter what you get, you will want a local that can get it dialed in.

I have the ROE, and I love it. As was mentioned in stock trim my ROE runs 5.6 psi of boost. I believe the Paxtons are higher. I wonder how the numbers would match up if the Roe ran a higher boost pulley?

I recently had the opportunity to drive both blowers back to back on two RC's....1qksrt has the paxton and NBT has the ROE. I can say both absolutely rock over a stock n/a truck:rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout:

My reaction......about what people are saying here....the Roe will nail you to the back of the seat at the low RPMs....very torquey! The paxton pulls real hard up high and shifting at the redline keeping the Revs up it feels real strong!

I then got to ride in both trucks with the other owner driving it which was interesting....both loved each others trucks....here are vids of Ken driving Mickeys truck and Mickey driving kens truck.....I was shitting my pants!

PAXTON

ROE

tinygiants said:
Boy isnt that the truth. No matter what you get, you will want a local that can get it dialed in.

I have the ROE, and I love it. As was mentioned in stock trim my ROE runs 5.6 psi of boost. I believe the Paxtons are higher. I wonder how the numbers would match up if the Roe ran a higher boost pulley?

Guys, I know the Paxtons are making good numbers, as well as proven track numbers. But I think you're underestimating the potential of the twin screw. With the Roe making so much torque down low, I would think the Paxton would be playing catch up for the first 1/8 mile. The power from the Paxton would come on strong later in the race, making the outcome really interesting. If in fact 1Fast ran the 10.70 he claims, or even the 11.07 that he had on video, the Roe is very impressive.

And as much as I hate to bring it up, none of the Harley or Lightnings are replacing their Kenne Bells with an ATI or Vortech. The new Kenne Bell 2.6 making 22lbs of boost = 700rwhp with no nitrous.

Both sound sweeeeeet. Looked like they hooked up pretty good.:rock: :rock: :rock:

J.R.

Both of the videos were crazy awsome!!!! i guess the Roe SC isn't as noticable
inside the cab as it is outside? :dontknow:

Sharpi

one other point to make here is that with the paxton you can go with a custom heat exchanger which is good if you live in the mojave valley or some sweltering place. both applicatioins wake the F up when it gets cold.

I want to make that clear. Are you guys saying that paxton is good for drag racing and roe is good for street? Myself I want a higher increase horsepowers. I also want a supercharger for drag race. So I am guessing that paxton is a best for me to get?

Rice Eater said:
one other point to make here is that with the paxton you can go with a custom heat exchanger which is good if you live in the mojave valley or some sweltering place. both applicatioins wake the F up when it gets cold.

Go from A 60 to 120 pull betcha the paxton truck will get him. Anyhow That shit was Awesome:rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back