Roe vs Paxton superchargers

Sharpimage said:
Both of the videos were crazy awsome!!!! i guess the Roe SC isn't as noticable
inside the cab as it is outside? :dontknow:

Sharpi

yeah not as loud in the cab but outside it is louder than the paxton.

outnumbered said:
Guys, I know the Paxtons are making good numbers, as well as proven track numbers. But I think you're underestimating the potential of the twin screw. With the Roe making so much torque down low, I would think the Paxton would be playing catch up for the first 1/8 mile. The power from the Paxton would come on strong later in the race, making the outcome really interesting. If in fact 1Fast ran the 10.70 he claims, or even the 11.07 that he had on video, the Roe is very impressive.

Just a few points about 1fast400's build...it was most certainly not on top of a stock engine...striker heads, diamond pistons, and the sc, soon to be reborn, is not the normal Lysholm Compressor that the rest of us have...I don't think...I keep looking at the pictures I have of my build and Mike's build and there are a few indicators that the compressor is larger than the rest of us...only Mike, Sean and Dave know for sure...and maybe one other new owner...who may never tell...

Prof said:
Just a few points about 1fast400's build...it was most certainly not on top of a stock engine...striker heads, diamond pistons, and the sc, soon to be reborn, is not the normal Lysholm Compressor that the rest of us have...I don't think...I keep looking at the pictures I have of my build and Mike's build and there are a few indicators that the compressor is larger than the rest of us...only Mike, Sean and Dave know for sure...and maybe one other new owner...who may never tell...

So Mike could very well have the only "Custom" Roe SC ever made? i bet he paid
a pretty penny for that...

Sharpi

I always hate to agree with Nowwhat...but his point is very valid...if you have a tuner with a preference, go with what he knows...Good Tune = Zoom; Bad Tune = BOOM!

Taller differential gears should be used in a boosted environment IMO. But my 4:10 was just not fun to drive in city traffic...I went to the 4:56 at the cost of several tenths, but driving on the street is much more comfortable...I can get to third in traffic, and I bet those like Patrick and Marc with 4:88's really can be smooth in traffic.

Prof said:
I always hate to agree with Nowwhat...but his point is very valid...if you have a tuner with a preference, go with what he knows...Good Tune = Zoom; Bad Tune = BOOM!

Ignore feature.....stick with it....

Would that mean the Roe is harder to hook up with? How about after they are both hot wouldnt the roe loose more power with heat since there is no intercooler? The roe might have less parasitic drag...just guessing

b exxon said:
Would that mean the Roe is harder to hook up with? How about after they are both hot wouldnt the roe loose more power with heat since there is no intercooler? The roe might have less parasitic drag...just guessing

Thankfully either one overpowers the stock tires...... easily.... :rock: :rock: :rock:

Rice Eater said:
I recently had the opportunity to drive both blowers back to back on two RC's....1qksrt has the paxton and NBT has the ROE. I can say both absolutely rock over a stock n/a truck:rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout:

My reaction......about what people are saying here....the Roe will nail you to the back of the seat at the low RPMs....very torquey! The paxton pulls real hard up high and shifting at the redline keeping the Revs up it feels real strong!

I then got to ride in both trucks with the other owner driving it which was interesting....both loved each others trucks....here are vids of Ken driving Mickeys truck and Mickey driving kens truck.....I was shitting my pants!

Hahahah.... beatin' up on each-others trucks! AWESOME! :D :rock:

Florida guys ROCK! :burnout:

Riding with Kenny will always make your butt-hole pucker. ;) :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back