ROERACING 710 CAM exceeded expectations

Killemall

Reaction score
2003 SRT10 Viper

Stock cam Kn intake Custom Titanium exhaust (deleted catalyst converter set #1 on the exhaust) Roller rockers Findanza lightweight flywheel Lightweight underdrive pulley Abs wires 170 degree thermostat Baush plugs Sct tune =475/512 sae, 487/522 std Bsm dynojet

Only the following modifications were made

710 cam Beehive springs to support higher lift cam Forged pushrods to support higher lift cam Gen4 head gaskets (slightly thinner raising compression from 9.6 to 9.8) New sct tune to support 710 cam Deleted catalyst converter set #2 after the headers =543/546 sae, 556/559 std Bsm dynojet

Car drives like a stock 03 Viper, Cant stress that enough. Just sounds awesome and pulls like a freight train with my weight reduction at 3250 pounds

I GAINED 68 RWHP SAE!

THERE WILL UNDOUBTEDLY BE NAY SAYERS WHO TELL YOU ITS BECAUSE OF MY GEN4 HEAD GASKETS OR DELETED CATS. WELL I HAD THE SAME GEN4 HEAD GASKETS WITH MY COMPETITION COUPE CAMSHAFT AND THAT SETUP ONLY HIT 486/530 SAE AND 499/545 STD. SO THAT THEORY GOES OUT OF THE WATER. THE DELETED #1 SET OF CATS ARE GOOD FOR 5-10 RWHP TOPS.

In short. The RoeRacing camshaft is good for 50-60 rwhp (60-70 crank hp) over the stock cam. I wouldnt belieave it unless it happened to me.

Stay tuned for quartermile passes

You get a chance to compare the dyno graphs vs the stock cam to see how much if any lowend you lost?

Trust me I didnt lose anything. Pretty flat curve. Just an extra 50-70 rwhp everywhere.

We would all love to see the dyno graphs. Your review is much appreciated. But what most of us are concerned about is this: How this cam is going to effect performance between 1000 & 3500 RPM, in our 5500 pound trucks? I don't think there is anyone who doubts that the cam will boost top end performance. In your last review, (not sure where that thread went :dontknow:) you mentioned the 710 cam actually drove a little better than the stock cam at low engine speed. In our heavy trucks, we don't experience the "bucking", etc that you experience in a 3200 pound car.

There must be someone with this cam in their truck. Can someone respond and give us some feedback on the 710 in N/A configuration. I know Sim333 had a lumpy cam in his truck and had it returned to stock . he still had the cam for sale recently. wasn't the 710 but ...

Why not get one built to spec if your going to go through the trouble of installing it? Ronney would be the guy to talk to.....

There must be someone with this cam in their truck. Can someone respond and give us some feedback on the 710 in N/A configuration. I know Sim333 had a lumpy cam in his truck and had it returned to stock . he still had the cam for sale recently. wasn't the 710 but ...

Sheldon in Lloydminster has one in his 06 QC. i went from 389 to 472hp after ronnie installed the Striker cam. But, the cam itself will not give you that much of an increase.

Last edited:
Think i just have a partial graph because I was fixated on the numbers. But ill post what I have

Contact the dyno shop and have them send you the run files. You can view them and take screen shots with WinPEP7. :) Just an idea :)

Heres the first dyno we did after installing the 710 cam. I was sad as hell. Only hit 500 rwhp sae (512 std) . Just 25 rwhp over my stock cam (487 std) and 13 rwhp over the comp coupe cam (499 std) . Luckily a rich tune and clogged cats were the reason for the "low" 500 rwhp sae #

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXuWi...ccFAAAAAAAADAA[/ame]

We let her kool down for 30 minutes and then hit 515 rwhp sae (527 std) . This made me feel a lil better as she was 40 rwhp over the stock cam and 28 rwhp over the comp coupe cam. Honestly this was about the best I was expecting. Heres the 527 std dyno from the 30 minute cooled down engine.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI8EE4CnT5Q]527 std dyno - YouTube[/ame]

Happy with the 527 std dyno I went home with a smile only to be called by the dyno operater the next day and being told that they found metal catalyst shavings all over their dyno. Checked my car and sure enough their were metal catalyst shavings all over. Went back 3 days later and the dyno operater gutted my cats and threw her back on the dyno. The first pull resulted in 530 sae (543 std) I was now very happy as this was 56 rwhp over my stock cam and 44 rwhp over my comp coupe cam.

Never got a video of this dyno run as we immediately loaded a new sct tune sent from Sean Roe at Roeracing titled 710ver2. Sean told me this tune would eliminate the car from running so rich over the first tune he sent me (710ver1).

We threw her back on the dyno after a 30 minute kool down and to my disbelief she hit 543 sae and 556 std. A 69 rwhp gain over my stock cam and 57 rwhp gain over my comp coupe cam.

Here is the dyno

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3S3W2d4oqA]556 std dyno - YouTube[/ame]

There you have it the 710 camshaft is for real, crazy thing is I think theirs still more. My spark plugs have been giving me some trouble from running to rich from the first tune Sean sent me (low 11s AFR) as well as the wires have been coming disconnected from the plugs frequently since the install of the 710 cam. Im going to have the dynoshop install fresh plugs and dyno again

Dang! only valve springs and head gasket besides cam?? If 550 whp is possible N/A with a cam swap... no need to force feed'er! :)

Alikazam said:
Dang! only valve springs and head gasket besides cam?? If 550 whp is possible N/A with a cam swap... no need to force feed'er! :)

May as well pull off my Paxton and sell it.

Gotta say that particular dyno graph shows a nice torque band! Cant really tell without the RPMs in the graph? According to the earlier graphs, still no RPMs, but can see it climbing from low rpm(no torque) and suddenly hitting a torque band higher in revs? Need to see RPMs or mph to make any analysis!

Last edited:
Bad ass car man, where do you live Maui or Kauai? That's the only other islands I know that have a drag strip, unless Oahu opened back up.

Thanks guys... Yea this cam is pretty amazeing. 556 rwhp std? Cam only?

Im gonna add headers/throttle body and ported manifold and shooting for 585 rwhp std

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back