ROLL CAGE

belgiumbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are there roll cages ( approved ? ) availeble for our trucks ?
or is everything custom made :dontknow:

thanx, Norbert

Custom only at this point...not many have need.

Most of our trucks are used for drag racing...you need to be under 11.50 ET before the rules start saying a cage is necessary...precious few are at that level of performance...

Floor said:
you really have wild plans haven't you ? :rock: :dontknow: :D :rock: :dontknow: :D

free track days you don't need them butt for races they are obligated.Just playing with the idea after SC install and IF i can get the brakes working for a hour....:eek:

Prof said:
Custom only at this point...not many have need.

Most of our trucks are used for drag racing...you need to be under 11.50 ET before the rules start saying a cage is necessary...precious few are at that level of performance...

PROF, should there be drawings and /or pics availeble of such installations ?

I once read they even go trough the backwindow for fixation in the bed ?

PM Nowwhat...he has probably looked at this as closely as anyone...or FstJack.

cage pics

Attachments

• Cage Silver Dodge.JPG
    Cage Silver Dodge.JPG
    692.5 KB · Views: 8,390
  • Cage Silver Dodge 1.JPG
    Cage Silver Dodge 1.JPG
    728.4 KB · Views: 933
  • Cage Silver Dodge 2.JPG
    Cage Silver Dodge 2.JPG
    763.2 KB · Views: 18,238
  • Cage Silver Dodge 3.JPG
    Cage Silver Dodge 3.JPG
    448.6 KB · Views: 889
  • Cage Silver Dodge 5.JPG
    Cage Silver Dodge 5.JPG
    513.2 KB · Views: 4,909
Jack has a full cage and will be the only truck that needs a full cage....the rest of us need a 5 point roll "Bar"....a lot less work and $$$$$

see the NHRA website for details....:rock:

Nowwhat said:
Jack has a full cage and will be the only truck that needs a full cage....the rest of us need a 5 point roll "Bar"....a lot less work and $$$$$

see the NHRA website for details....:rock:

According to the techs that I've spoken with, anyone that has an ET below 10 or a trap speed above 135 needs an SFI approved cage (in addition to having an 8.5 or faster NHRA license).

...I intend to get that license, and I expect to be knocking on those times this coming season, Mike.:D

Speaking of which, have you had your truck or cage tech'd yet Jack? Chrome-moly or mild steel? Any reason you chose to go through the rear window vs. through the cab and bed wall? I like the way the cage in my Camino is built that way, and was thinking that it would be nice to be able to still use a tonneau cover.

Ram From Hell said:
Speaking of which, have you had your truck or cage tech'd yet Jack? Chrome-moly or mild steel? Any reason you chose to go through the rear window vs. through the cab and bed wall? I like the way the cage in my Camino is built that way, and was thinking that it would be nice to be able to still use a tonneau cover.

Do you have any pics of this setup.

Cage on the silver truck is chrome molly.

It is NHRA certified to 8.50.

The bars through the back are high for strength and to keep the frame from twisting/deflecting.

High bars are a much better at controling frame deflection and triangulating lift on the launch. They also go through the bed directly to the frame at the rear end.

I also maintain an NHRA, 4B ET and 4B SC license which is good for 7.50 or slower.

Ram From Hell said:
According to the techs that I've spoken with, anyone that has an ET below 10 or a trap speed above 135 needs an SFI approved cage (in addition to having an 8.5 or faster NHRA license).

...I intend to get that license, and I expect to be knocking on those times this coming season, Mike.:D

I didn't know you were going to run that much NOS......:D :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back