Rotor replacement Thoughts

I went with BrakePerformance.com as a "middle-of-the-road" alternative to the high dollar stuff

I don't know the make of the rotors on the truck right now but while doing an oil change and tire rotation I went ahead and measured the rotor thickness. Here is what I got
DF: 35.47
DR: 28.24
PF: 35.56
PR: 27.89
How am I supposed to know if these measurements are too low for safety and need replacing?

Min thickness is posted on the rotor...

Correct, usually stamped on the rotor hat. May have to scrape a couple years of rust off but it is there.

Try calling a shop that specializes in brakes service like Meineke. When I work there we had a book that list all makes, models and minimum thickness. Just make sure it's the specs for a 10. If The rotors are so rusty you can't read the minimum thickness maybe you're better off replacing them.

Finally took the damn rims off again.. in the storm of Houston.
Min for
Front: 33.9mm
Rear: 28.4mm

DF: 35.47 (Good)
DR: 28.24 (Change)
PF: 35.56 (Good)
PR: 27.89 (Change)

Guess ill change them all.

When purchasing my rotors, I saw way too many places trying to sell you Ram SRT-10 front rotors that were 13.XX" in diameter. Kinda misleading. I ended up going with the StopTech 127 series all the way around with PosiQuiet pads. Could not be happier! Awesome stopping power, dramatically reduced brake dust. All thanks to Zeckhausen Racing. Don't forget to follow the bedding procedure!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back