Rotor replacement Thoughts

mccubbinsjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to get my brakes changed and found that I still have over 50% of the pads left but the rotors needed to be replaced instead.
Im looking online and on Mopar websites for replacements and im thinking that its not right. is it?

Autozone has Duralast for 50$
Advanced Autoparts has Wagner and Wearever for 40-60$
Mopar: 149$

Im my mind it makes me think that they are cheap replacements, are they? im looking for just stock flat surface rotors.

:confused:

I went to rotorpros.net I ordered the roors from him and picked them up for $400.00. Still have them for 4yr now ad they Coe with pads

Where in SOCAL are you

Last edited:
that don't sound right:dontknow:

ya got a prob???

ya need rotors & the pads are fine???

first impression is BS

never replaced rotors/drums & not replaced pads/shoes.

have replaced pads/shoes & not replaced rotors/drums. either with cuttin or without.

I have the pads already, was just seeing your thoughts on their selection or if its cheap BS and to stay away from them

i've had/have great service out of EBC set up.

might check RockAuto. they have a discount code ya can use.

or some of the vendors here

Autozone/advance lists rotors for the ram srt-10. when you actually go to put them on tho they are too small. they sell you normal ram 1500 rotors.

There is what I was looking for. thanks "staminal"
Just checked my back rotor and its sitting at 28.67mm thick.
where do I find the recommended thickness on the rotors? Im going to have to pull it off aren't I?

Yup O Reilly's or Advanced has good rotors that work well. Not the first I've seen pads wear the rotor and pads not ready to replace. Our pads have a great gripping compound that cuts the rotors fairly easily. :burnout:

Went to get my brakes changed and found that I still have over 50% of the pads left but the rotors needed to be replaced instead.
Im looking online and on Mopar websites for replacements and im thinking that its not right. is it?

Autozone has Duralast for 50$
Advanced Autoparts has Wagner and Wearever for 40-60$
Mopar: 149$

Im my mind it makes me think that they are cheap replacements, are they? im looking for just stock flat surface rotors.

:confused:

Zeckhausen Racing They have what you need.

Zeckhausen Racing They have what you need.

Ditto....my zeckhausen rotors and pads have over 100K miles and still plenty of pad left and rotors still look/perform like new. My stock rotors made to 30K miles. Stock pads didn't make that long and switched to EBC but soon there after went to the Zeckhausen setup and extremely satisfied.

Difference to stock? No dust and while the initial bite is not as strong overall braking force is the same.

Just lettin everyone know we are doing our own rotors and pads now
And boyh pads rotors are being cryo treated
No fade no dust

I went to Cquence and they didn't have the SRT10 as one of their options to pick from, but they had all the others.

Nm, you have to leave the cab details blank to find the SRT-10 on cquence.

Yes sir and if you send them a nice e-mail they'll most of the time give you a discount. I walked out the door shipping and all $350 all four corners.

This is installed before some cleaning

Paired with Centric PosiQuiets and I'm all smiles!

Brake rotors

I have power stop from rock auto drilled and slotted with ebc green pads
Best brake combo I have ever used

I love the pics, they help.
I have only replaced rotors on my BMW and it had a rotor screw to take off, but these don't? even better.

Back