Rough idleing!

Jfireboy1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
O.k here's my problem! I originally took my truck to the shop to have some one off turbo headers made cause the ones i had were cracking at all the welds and had already been repaired before. That was the only problem prior to going in and 5 months later when i got my truck back my abs light is on, im leaking oil from where the oil dip stick tube goes into the oil pan, my check engine light is on saying i have an evaporator leak and when it comes on my engine is idleing around 500rpms none of which was happening prior to going in. If I clear my check engine light the truck idle's perfect for 70 miles or so then the check engine light comes back on and it starts idleing rough again. It has no affect on my engine performance though when you accelerate only when stopped! I guess my question is ... is if the check engine light is coming on cause of a small and large evaporator leak being detected wouldnt it still idle rough even though i reset the computer.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
pull the code first and see what it is

sounds like its a small & large evaperator leak:elefant: :elefant:

Jfireboy1 said:
O.k here's my problem! I originally took my truck to the shop to have some one off turbo headers made cause the ones i had were cracking at all the welds and had already been repaired before. That was the only problem prior to going in and 5 months later when i got my truck back my abs light is on, im leaking oil from where the oil dip stick tube goes into the oil pan, my check engine light is on saying i have an evaporator leak and when it comes on my engine is idleing around 500rpms none of which was happening prior to going in. If I clear my check engine light the truck idle's perfect for 70 miles or so then the check engine light comes back on and it starts idleing rough again. It has no affect on my engine performance though when you accelerate only when stopped! I guess my question is ... is if the check engine light is coming on cause of a small and large evaporator leak being detected wouldnt it still idle rough even though i reset the computer.

check your vaccum lines, brake booster, evap, see if cracked or not on all the way.

ABS i would check the front sensor wires
:rock: :rock: :rock:

Last edited:
yeah the codes were reading exactly that ( small and large evaporator leaks) ! ABS did give the left front sensor wire. I checked it and even replaced it. Its something he did at the shop cause it wasnt on previously and he did have to relocate the abs pump when making the new headers. what sucks is that he cant locate whatever it was he did thats causing it.

Does anyone know where i can can a vacuum line diagram for an 06 qc

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back