RUSSIANS new fighter jet......

fast fred

Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEW RUSSIAN JET FIGHTER SU-30

Russia now has #1 fighter plane in the world... SU-30- Vectored Thrust with Canards. As you watch this airplane, look at the canards moving along side of, and just below the canopy rail. The "canards" are the small wings forward of the main wings. The smoke and contrails provide a sense of the actual flight path, sometimes in reverse direction.

This video is of an in-flight demonstration flown by the Russian's-30MK fighter aircraft. You will not believe what you are about to see.

The fighter can stall from high speed, stopping forward motion in seconds. (full stall). Then it demonstrates an ability to descend tail first without causing a compressor stall. It can also recover from a flat spin in less than a minute.

These maneuver capabilities don't exist in any other aircraft in the world today.. Take a look at the video with the sound up. This aircraft is of concern to U.S. and NATO planners. We don't know which nations will soon be flying the SU-30MK, hopefully China isn't one of them.

BACK

Air to Air engagements are resolved BVR these days. If you get to the merge with another fighter, you have done 5 things wrong to get there.

BVR = Beyond Visual Range.

Flat spin, lol, you have been watching Top Gun again.

BTW, the F-22 is in a class by itself. Our enemies should be very afraid. Even whipping up on our F-15s at Red Flag.

For reference....

SU-30
su30_14.jpg

F-22
F22Afterburner.jpg

No contest

It dosent mattter who is flying the new russian jet even china. If its not stealth than its no match for the raptor

i was not saying its a contest ...someone e--mailed this to me and i thought it was cool to watch.....just thought i would share:dontknow:

It's the pilots that make the difference, we've faced the superior aircraft in nearly every major war, the Me-262, the Mig 15, and whatever the world can throw at us, we have the better pilots.

Cudajon said:
It's the pilots that make the difference, we've faced the superior aircraft in nearly every major war, the Me-262, the Mig 15, and whatever the world can throw at us, we have the better pilots.

Agreed. :rock:

bo yea

Attachments

• wallpaper_ace_combat_5_the_unsung_war_02_1024.jpg
    wallpaper_ace_combat_5_the_unsung_war_02_1024.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 60
Having worked for Boeing Space & Defense for many years... I can say... unequivacabally, without a doubt...

Russia has the number #1 plane.......... my ASS :D :p

Boeing obviously lost the JSF program... <which I worked on in Palmdale>
however the lockheed F-35 isn't a bad plane :)... funny the 2 JSF facilities are right down the street from one another ...phantomworks... skunkworks...black helicoptors all around :>
http://www.jsf.mil/gallery/gal_photo_sdd_f35atest.htm

Last edited:
Black1 said:
For reference....

SU-30
su30_14.jpg
This is an SU-27. Pre-cursor to the SU-30. Notice the absence of the Canards near the canopy.

1155988351.jpg

This is the 30, see the Canards, just aft of the Canopy?

The SU-30 is not very new either. I watched one fly in an Airshow in Jakarta in 1996.

The Raptor will eat it alive!!

Last edited:
Cudajon said:

Too true!!!

Most of the Russian aircraft are modeled after the US aircraft. The comparisons are sometimes eerie.

The SU-25 Frogfoot, was actually modeled after the A-10 Warthog:
su-25-08p02.jpg

800px-A-10_Warthog.JPG

The F-22 is most definately in a class of it's own! I say who ever buys the new jet that you speak of should be afraid, very afraid!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back