SC tundra burn, and 660 ft burnout,

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This years Emerald Coast Cruizin was incredible, 3000 cars/trucks/bikes.
Saturday the attention focused on Breakaway Dragway for the Toyota Sponsored Show&Go, Drag Race, and Burnout Competition. They brought out their company truck. A TRD supercharged spared no expense Tundra.
DBrian started the show off racing the tundra, ill let him chime in and tell how it went.:D

After the track officials determined the track was unsafe, covered in sand, they took a break to dust it off. I believe during that time DBrian and family proceeded to do what i was planning on doing. Drinking themselves retarted. :congrats: He held his composure well, long enough for me to show him my white slip against the tundra, before he packed up and went to finish his festivities. I didnt see beer for sale ANYWHERE at the track, think he went to get some for me and didnt return.:dontknow:

I became the target of the Tundra, and every employee of the company got to race and picked me. Being they put on the event, they went to the front of the line, and i followed. We raced 9 times. I lost 3. My best was a 8.3

Following the race, they counted the votes for the car show, and presented the trophies. I recieved a Peoples Choice Award. :congrats:

Picked 4 audience members to judge the burnout 1-10. They gave us 60 seconds, no line loc, no chocs. They lined me up 1 foot in front of the water. Second gear, 5k dropped the clutch, i spun and started to hook. I burned out, not standing still but rolling half way down the eighth sideways. Poor burnout they gave me a 35 out of 40.

I felt bad because i have sponsored tires and wanted to give the crowd a show. So i pulled up to the tower and asked them could i give the crowd another after the competition. They were pleased and approved. When they announced it the crowd was estatic.

I backed into the water after i bleached the tires. 3rd Gear 5500 Rpm Dropped the clutch and the crowd stood up. Over 100 mph wheel speed. My wife was counting every 10 seconds while i watched my gauges. 15 seconds into the burnout we could not see the tree and it was filling the cab. We were surrounded by smoke so thick the audience said all they saw were my headlight shining through it. I after 90 seconds i let go and started down the track. The truck fishtailed left and right billowing fresh smoke and dragging the smoke from before trapped in my tailgate behind me.

I LET OFF WHEN I ALMOST HIT THE 660 FT! Pulling back around to the bleachers, audience stormed my truck and told me how much they enjoyed it, followed by AMSOIL who offered to sponsor me. Gave me a box of octane booster, and free oilchanges.

Pictures and professional video will follow. Panama City Toyota is sending me a copy for putting on a show.
vs 454ss.jpg

Vs tundra.jpg

yf.jpg

yf stage.jpg

yf stage 2.jpg

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: I hope they got the burnout on tape!!!:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Yes they got in from 2 angles compiled and edited. When i get a copy ill make sure it makes it on here. I cant access YOUTUBE at work but the guy said some clips were already posted there. If you see it copy a link please.

I talked to the video/photography company yesterday and they said they have 4 hours of video of the days events after cut and editing on 3 disk, and will have my copy out today. Over 60 pictures of my races and burnouts.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back