SCAM????????

yellowfever#154

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think, I found a Cadillac Escalade that was suppost to be in Calgary, Alberta. After telling the person that I am interested and want to look at it this is the E-mail I got back:

Thanks for your fast response.
First of all, I must inform you that currently I'm in Halifax. The car is here with me
(is already on the shipping warehouse complete with keys, title, service records
and original manuals).
You will get the Transfer of Ownership Document, filled up with your name, address,odometer reading, date and signed by me.
The company which will ship the car to you is Air cargo Canada, shipping will take within 24-48 hours. The total cost for the car, is $18000 which includes delivery fee and full insurance during shipping.
Will be insured at the delivery service for the amount. If something happens on the road , you will receive the insurance from the delivery service.
I want a safe transaction and I'm sure you do also so that's why I've decided to sell my car through eBay, they act as a third party between us and hold / insure your money, until you receive and inspect the car.The 5 days inspection period with the option to accept or reject it. After the inspection period ends, if there are issues with the car, they will send you a full refund within 3 business days. In this case, you will ship the car back to me at my expense.
If all is good with the car, which I'm sure it will, and you want to keep it, you will have to give approval to eBay to release the payment to me.
To start the official procedure, I need your full name, the shipping address and your phone number.
Should you have anymore questions, please email back soon and we'll discuss the details.

Email the guy back and tell him you are in Halifax for the week for work and want to come look at it in person ..

when i was selling some parts for my gsxr the person who wanted to buy them asked me for my adress full name and number also and wanted to send me a money order instead of sending it via paypal..
sounds like a scam bro!!!!! be careful

Is it a clean title? Ask for the vin and run plus do a lean check

How funny.. I think I received that EXACT email, verbatim, from someone selling a car that I was interested in about a year ago. It's a total scam... might be fun to play with them for awhile though.

Too late to play with them, already told them to piss off. I asked for the VIN twice and it was never given to me. Dirty bastards, thought I found the deal of the century. Oh well better go try to find 60K to buy one.

"...filled up with your name"

Sounds like one of them emails I get from Nigeria.:)

I also had this exact same email with a corvette. Scam... It was freaky reading it here as it was making me have flashbacks. :D

I got the exact same email when I inquired about a Viper on AutoTrader. It was a few weeks ago. I asked if the price was a typo. I wanted to see the car, as the ad said it was located in Calgary. Then I get the same email you got. Total BS.

oldcolt said:
I got the exact same email when I inquired about a Viper on AutoTrader. It was a few weeks ago. I asked if the price was a typo. I wanted to see the car, as the ad said it was located in Calgary. Then I get the same email you got. Total BS.
Yep its the same Viper scammer. does he have his own escrow company?

Definately a scam.....that's all you see in the Craigslist posting or even on Autotrader down this way.....
they reply with a bogus email and a reason they can't meet you because they are "conveniently" away at the time of their supposed sale

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back