Scare this morning.

Exo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck had been sitting in the garage for a bit and the sun was shining so I decided to start her up and let her run for a bit. SO I drive it out of the garage and start it up and sit in it for a bit and make sure everything sounds right. Then I get out and start cleaning the garage. After about 15 mins of running I see smoke coming out of the hood. I bolt to the truck and shut her down and pop the hood. The upper rad hose clamp must not have been grabbing the hose enough and it slipped out of the coupling. Sprayed coolant everywhere. Now I have to clean the entire engine bay. GD.

could be worse... ALOT worse id be happy to see just a cleanup rather than what usually smoke signifies.. like a FIRE :D lol sux still

Time for the green stuff and Pig Spit

scoobert said:
that's just the viper engine trying to kill itself because it cant cope with being in a quad cab anymore!

haha also probably can't handle sitting in a garage for 8 months out of the year.

ya it was strange cause i have driven it lots since the install and no problems then no all of a sudden boom.

I have noticed with thermostats, although not scientifically proven, that the first opening after sitting cold for awhile can be slow or even stuck if at an idle with low water pump pressure to help force the T-stat open. During a normal drive you wouldn't have had this but since it was idling with little pumping from the water pump that the T-stat has to rely on the spring to open it fully which is hard with the force of the water from the pump. Once the pressure gets high without the T-stat opening it WILL find the weak spot and it's generally the hoses or many times I've seen the plastic tanks blow due to too much pressure from a dud T-stat or one slow to open.;)

VENOMOUS1 said:
I have noticed with thermostats, although not scientifically proven, that the first opening after sitting cold for awhile can be slow or even stuck if at an idle with low water pump pressure to help force the T-stat open. During a normal drive you wouldn't have had this but since it was idling with little pumping from the water pump that the T-stat has to rely on the spring to open it fully which is hard with the force of the water from the pump. Once the pressure gets high without the T-stat opening it WILL find the weak spot and it's generally the hoses or many times I've seen the plastic tanks blow due to too much pressure from a dud T-stat or one slow to open.;)

Good to know. Anyway around this? Blew Justin's upper pipe right out of the coupling that is connected to the rad.

scoobert said:
that's just the viper engine trying to kill itself because it cant cope with being in a quad cab anymore!

You were close. Its the transmissions on our QC's that kill themselves because it can't cope.

scoobert said:
and you own the slowest viper powered product to come out of Detroit!
I got a quad cab that'll whoop ya all day long, big boy. Come get some sweet cheeks.

VIPR PWR said:
Time for the green stuff and Pig Spit

"pig spit????":dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back