School me on diamonds

Big Perm said:
Yes, it's what you think :D

I need help....looking for cushion cut, best value on just over a carat or so.....have narrowed down the style and stuff.....best to haggle with them like buying a car, or better to buy your own stone online and then have it made to specifications? Want great cut, VS1 or so, H color, yada yada.....ie, area where it still looks great but you get value for your dollar.....want to be about $10k OTD, don't have cash I used to so gotta be smart......

Most professional online site I have found is bluenile.com, but I literally don't know jack about this stuff and want the most bang for my buck....

Any help appreciated...

Jason

Here is my .02 and a story-

I got my wife a Cushion engagement ring. I knew what I wanted stone wise, then found the right vendor to purchase from. I went thru Marc T. at Engagement Rings Direct.com (no spaces) - he is the President. He is in the diamond district in NY, been doing this for 30 years, knows his stuff, and beat everyone else's price. Here is my opinion:

Color - H or I
Clarity - VS1 or better
Stone - Cushion Brilliant (cushion top with an eight facet bottom like a round cut - they are hard to find, more $, AWESOME fire and sparkle)
Cut - VG or EX
Sym - VG or EX
No culet
L/W ratio: as close to 1.00 as possible

I designed my wife's ring around the stone I bought (local jeweler did the setting). She gets compliments on it daily and I couldn't be happier with the results! Good luck with your purchase, I researched for 6 months before my purchase to get it right the first time!!! :D

Eric said:
Here is my .02 and a story-

I got my wife a Cushion engagement ring. I knew what I wanted stone wise, then found the right vendor to purchase from. I went thru Marc T. at Engagement Rings Direct.com (no spaces) - he is the President. He is in the diamond district in NY, been doing this for 30 years, knows his stuff, and beat everyone else's price. Here is my opinion:

Color - H or I
Clarity - VS1 or better
Stone - Cushion Brilliant (cushion top with an eight facet bottom like a round cut - they are hard to find, more $, AWESOME fire and sparkle)
Cut - VG or EX
Sym - VG or EX
No culet
L/W ratio: as close to 1.00 as possible

I designed my wife's ring around the stone I bought (local jeweler did the setting). She gets compliments on it daily and I couldn't be happier with the results! Good luck with your purchase, I researched for 6 months before my purchase to get it right the first time!!! :D

NICE!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

I like bezel setting myself since the prongs don't snag your clothes and get broken off causing that gorgeous stone to become lost and it eliminates the constant maintenance of re tipping.

Just my .03 :D

Yes Wifey, Tiffany's is expensive.....but the info and learning experience you can get from them ,without making a purchase will be of help...not to mention you get a free drool napkin while your looking at Diamonds ;)

VIPR PWR said:
Yes Wifey, Tiffany's is expensive.....but the info and learning experience you can get from them ,without making a purchase will be of help...not to mention you get a free drool napkin while your looking at Diamonds ;)
There ya go :rock: :rock: ;) :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back