SCT done!

razorbackfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put the 93 octane SCT tune in the truck and man what a difference. I just have to hunt my dyno guy down and make some more pulls to see how much. Just being able to rev to redline before shifting is great but not having the torque management makes a real seat of the pants feel.

I don't mind speeding up the demise of the tranny as it's going to get a built one eventually anyway. :)

Sounds good mate! For what it's worth, they've been doing the torque management removal mod on WJ Jeeps for around 8 years now and no dramas at all with transmissions and failures, none to speak of (on the large Jeep forums). Granted, it's not the same trans or engine but it's still a 4.7L torquey V8 and the same transmission family (545RFE). My WJ has it done and it obviously only comes into play at higher rpm/WOT so around town it's the same as normal so when you look at it like that, the times you do get on it make the "abuse" few and far between. :)

2c

bigike said:
There are things you can do, to stop the tranny from melting down......

i got a cheap fix ,,,dont drive like ike ,,,,and oso ,,they are tranny eatters:D

Oh I've got the link to Dusty. I'm about three months from being ready for a tranny. I wish I had the cash now as there is a great one for sale in the sell section.
Luckily my truck is not a daily driver so if something happens it can sit for a while and what I'm about to do to this truck I will need a tranny and the rest of the drivetrain. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back