sct programmer

all my popping went away with my tune (roe):rock:

the reason they give fuel at 0 throttle is because when the ecu senses the vehicle is moving it gives a little fuel to give better mileage. this way when you let off the gas it doesnt really slow you down and make you get right back in the throttle. its the factory's way of getting a tiny bit more mileage out of the vehicle. another thing is this... cutting all the fuel on decel gives you a lean condition. might not seem like it, but it does. just because you arent on the gas doesnt mean the engine isnt turning at 2k or 3k or whatever rpm's and still getting all the spark. if you are going to get the fuel cut out at 0 throttle you REALLY should have it done on a dyno by someone who knows their tuning, not just someone pulling it out from their computer and sending it to you.

FastRam said:
I am wondering as well if this was the case and aren't the everyday tunes based off off a OEM tune and not the Mopar ECM tune?
So what's the difference between Mopar ECU and OEM ECU...Mopar is tuned/flashed? If so can you run an SCT on a Mopar ECU? Isn't that kinda like stcking tunes:dontknow:

The way to reduce the popping is to have the tuner add IAC steps at the speed at which the popping occurs. Adding the steps will make it seem as though you are pushing on the gas though -- it won't want to come down from above idle. The way to alleviate this to have it retard the timing at 0% throttle, but rpm above say 1500 and then switch to idle mode once the vehicle is stopped. This is programmable in the ECU. You can completely remove the off-throttle backfire.

That's how it's done with most major manufacturers, chevy, ford, etc.

kickinassrt-10 said:
So what's the difference between Mopar ECU and OEM ECU...Mopar is tuned/flashed? If so can you run an SCT on a Mopar ECU? Isn't that kinda like stcking tunes:dontknow:
the mopar is their performance computer designed to run with their cam and headers

My popping went away with my KRC tune. I'm not recommending it as I still get some ping, but the tune seems to be on the rich side.

walenator said:
My popping went away with my KRC tune. I'm not recommending it as I still get some ping, but the tune seems to be on the rich side.

Pinging indicates lean...KRC was good for that..and lean leads to engine destruction

If it is from who I think it is, go to another tuner had the same problems and no gains. Went to sean since I was goin with a roe and big big differance and no poppin or funky shit. jm2cents

kickinassrt-10 said:

I understand the Mopar ECU tune is designed to work with the Viper Comp Coupe cam and their header/cat delete setup. I assume Mopar takes an OEM ECU and simply flashes it with the Mopar tuning. I am not sure if you can take a "canned" off the shelf or everyday aftermarket tune and up load it to the Mopar ECU. You probably could without a problem but the results may prove something all together different. :dontknow:

LOL what i did was completely bypass the IAC altogether. i adjust the idle from the butterfly because IAC's are too. . . . well. . . failure prone. but yes you are right about timing and such, but it should be done on the dyno not just some off the shelf tune.

WOT said:
The way to reduce the popping is to have the tuner add IAC steps at the speed at which the popping occurs. Adding the steps will make it seem as though you are pushing on the gas though -- it won't want to come down from above idle. The way to alleviate this to have it retard the timing at 0% throttle, but rpm above say 1500 and then switch to idle mode once the vehicle is stopped. This is programmable in the ECU. You can completely remove the off-throttle backfire.

That's how it's done with most major manufacturers, chevy, ford, etc.

Stanimal said:
the reason they give fuel at 0 throttle is because when the ecu senses the vehicle is moving it gives a little fuel to give better mileage. this way when you let off the gas it doesnt really slow you down and make you get right back in the throttle. its the factory's way of getting a tiny bit more mileage out of the vehicle. another thing is this... cutting all the fuel on decel gives you a lean condition. might not seem like it, but it does. just because you arent on the gas doesnt mean the engine isnt turning at 2k or 3k or whatever rpm's and still getting all the spark. if you are going to get the fuel cut out at 0 throttle you REALLY should have it done on a dyno by someone who knows their tuning, not just someone pulling it out from their computer and sending it to you.

Great explanation Stan.:)

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back