SCT Questions

at first the pcm would be sent off and reprogrammed by certain folks
on a stage I the trq managment would be turnd off on qc's and up the fuel an timing a little
on a stage II same thing but extreme timing and fuel

on tunes for the sct I usually suggest three

one a valet tune for security reasons

a second tune for the best grade fuel you can purchase or usually buy

the last tune can be specialized such as nos or have it tuned for mpg, or a lower octane tune for traveling.

Aha, I see. :) So if you get/have an SCT Tune, what would you class that as, a stage 2 or simply a SCT "tune".

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
at first the pcm would be sent off and reprogrammed by certain folks
on a stage I the trq managment would be turnd off on qc's and up the fuel an timing a little
on a stage II same thing but extreme timing and fuel

on tunes for the sct I usually suggest three

one a valet tune for security reasons

a second tune for the best grade fuel you can purchase or usually buy

the last tune can be specialized such as nos or have it tuned for mpg, or a lower octane tune for traveling.

And I usually suggest JTS...........:rock: .........well, I always suggest JTS unless you want pretty....:dontknow:

Carlwalski said:
Aha, I see. :) So if you get/have an SCT Tune, what would you class that as, a stage 2 or simply a SCT "tune".
if you have a tune that is set for the highest grade fuel you can purchase , you can qualify that as a stage II sir

You can't go wrong with a tune from Torrie. The difference in the way the truck runs is like Night and Day.

The After Sale Service is Dead Equal to what you get from Tony, which means there is none better at ANY price.

BTW: It is Great to see on the Forum Torrie.... :)

Da1Chief said:
You can't go wrong with a tune from Torrie. The difference in the way the truck runs is like Night and Day.

The After Sale Service is Dead Equal to what you get from Tony, which means there is none better at ANY price.

Thanks Sandy !

Da1Chief said:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

this is not a question but a statement !!! well after a few months of procrastination i finally decided to remove and trash the the jet chip (pcm) and uploaded the SCT 93 tune by torrie and holy crap !!!!! i will be dam if it didnt idle better , smoke tires twice as far , and not to mention how easy it was to install and save stock tune ... just wanted to praise torrie on another job well done .. if you dont have it get it now !!!!!!! :burnout: :burnout: :D

gunu said:
this is not a question but a statement !!! well after a few months of procrastination i finally decided to remove and trash the the jet chip (pcm) and uploaded the SCT 93 tune by torrie and holy crap !!!!! i will be dam if it didnt idle better , smoke tires twice as far , and not to mention how easy it was to install and save stock tune ... just wanted to praise torrie on another job well done .. if you dont have it get it now !!!!!!! :burnout: :burnout: :D
Enjoy buddy get sideways once or twice for me.

Hey guys, i've got a few questions and rather than start an entirely new thread I thought i'd just piggy back on this one.
First of all, i'm buying a used SCT from another member on the board. I think his tunes will still be on the SCT unless he removed them. I've already received my tunes from Torrie. I don't believe the tuner is coming with the manual or CD so I just want to be prepared when it arrives.
1) Does the SCT permanently store the stock tune? Any chance I will need to re-load a factory tune?
2) Since the device is coming without the CD i'll be downloading the firmware v1.28 and then the software updates. The instructions I've found on the SCT website state there should be a version 2.6. I don't see a 2.6, just a 2.2.0 and 2.2.12.3. Will I need to download both updates or just the most recent?
3) Do I need to download the drivers prior to plugging the SCT in, correct? Then when I plug it in, follow the instructions on how to install the drivers?
----
Is this the correct overall order of operations?
1) Save email tunes
2) Download firmware and software updates
3) Download drivers
4) Plug in SCT and install drivers
5) Load tunes onto SCT, then onto truck
6) Melt the tires

I may be making this way more complicated than it needs to be. I just like to be prepared and understand what I am doing.

Any other tips/info would be much appreciated.

First off, your twin turbo Ford GT is my dream car! What an amazing machine!

Thank you for the manual. I've already downloaded the "How to load custom tunes" PDF.

Can I then assume that my order of operations is correct? Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back