SCT Tuner Question

CRexSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my check engine light came on, saying that one of my rear O2 sensors is the root of the problem (Codes P0138 P0158). I went and ordered some of JTSVP's O2 simulators and had them installed and the code cleared, but it still came back. What I'm wondering is A) Can I clear the code from my SCT Tuner to keep it away? B) If I cannot do that, should I have a new tune sent my way from Torrie where the sensor is deleted? C) Could I possibly just need new sensors or something?

Looking at your list of mods, I believe you still have your front cats. The rear sensors are there to tell you if your cats are faulty. If you remove the front cat's, Torrie or Chris can "tune" them out. I would say your pcm thinks there is an issue with your cats....perhaps the sims are not functioning?? With the front cats in place, I would still run the sensors. You can try new ones and see what happens.

Looking at your list of mods, I believe you still have your front cats. The rear sensors are there to tell you if your cats are faulty. If you remove the front cat's, Torrie or Chris can "tune" them out. I would say your pcm thinks there is an issue with your cats....perhaps the sims are not functioning?? With the front cats in place, I would still run the sensors. You can try new ones and see what happens.

Correct, I am still running the front cats. It makes me wonder if the simulators are not functioning correctly?

Back